Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

You are correct.  Fitbit did an update that did affect the battery life.  I called their help line and I got some great help.  They walked me through some changes to make to my phone app.  It looks like this is working.  I'm 4 days in and still showing a full charge.  What they did was have me touch the picture of my one in the upper right hand corner of the dashboard and then turn off the all day sync.  This works well and I don't mind the manual sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not on all day sync. I was walked through several steps with a representative. The syncing issue is solved but not the battery life. Got a 25% discount on a new tracker because of it. Which will be wasted since I can't get a new "One".  😞

Best Answer
Actually....officially, Fitbit.com IS selling Ones, the only place you can get them. I just got mine 3 days ago and I tell ya, I'm worried....it's already showing 'yellow' ! ?? We are camping and I didn't bring my charger. Also my friend just called about hers (3 years old, won't hold a charge more than 2 days) and at the end of the call, they just shipped her a free one! And hers is over 3 years old! I'll be calling next week again....

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the same issue but I got a new ONE at 25% off. I won’t wear anything in my hand

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m having now a problem syncing. I downloaded iOS 11. I hope that the people at FitBit will recreate the ONE with maybe more features. It’s great and I’ve been wearing hidden trackers from Fitbit since their Ultra. If they don’t bring it back I will have to find another device not from Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

Well,darn!  I have loved my 'One' for nearly three years. I replaced a lost unit once. 

I logged into into this forum as it has started to malfunction.  It seems to be a software issue that many of us are experiencing recently.  (I sync to iPhone and iPad)

I refuse use to wear a wrist device, and the 'Zip' lacks desired features. I loved tucking my 'One' into a key pocket or my bra. 

I so hope Fitbit comes up with a replacement and, in the meantime, a software fix. 

Best Answer
I’m hoping that Fitbit is reading our posts. Maybe we should call them. If enough people call maybe they’ll listen!

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

Here is the email I received from Fitbit on 9.23.17

"In regard to this situation, we double check our system, we noticed when you contacting us back on September 20th at that moment we had in stock our Fitbit One. However, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products, which are coming this year. With that being said, the Fitbit One was removed from Fitbit.com and it will be removed for some retail partners over the next few months."

So, the One is not available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe Fitbit has moderators who look at the community posts. Hopefully they are seeing how unhappy their One wearers are and come up with a solution for a clip on device. Otherwise, I know I won't be purchasing another Fitbit device and it looks like many others won't either. 

Best Answer

I'm afraid this may be a direct result of Fitbit just getting bigger and less in touch with their base.  Their senior Vice President of Marketing is Tim Rosa who likely brings a video game mentality to his job at Fitbit.  I personally have great respect for the founder James Park.  I believe he founded a company with a strong purpose in mind.  The initial product and support before going public was phenomenal.  It now seems every year the purpose becomes less clear and the support and adherence to the purpose not quite as clear.  This decision on the one is just an example.  

I did did some checking and see that the Vanguard funds are some of the larger shareholders of Fitbit.  My 401k has some of these.  I will be reaching out to the fund administrator to let them know of my concerns on where Fitbit is headed and concerns on their marketing.  I would urge others to check their 401K's and if they contain Vanguard funds, raise your concerns with the funds administrator.

While it is still a wrist band, I did borrow a Garmin Vivosmart and it was pretty accurate.  Still not as good as the One, but better than what I have found on the Fitbit wrist versions I have tried.

Best Answer

The One is still listed on Fitbit's site but the Store page is blank. No way to order it.

https://www.fitbit.com/en-ca/shop/one

Putting up a blank page is indicative of how Fitbit has been approaching the end-of-life of the One. It's thoughtless. The page should clearly have an explanation of why you can't order it anymore, not be blank.

Fitbit knows the One users are passionate about their device. They are removing it anyway with no indication if there will be a comparable or better replacement. I believe the reason Fitbit is being so "generous" with their discount offers to existing One users suffering from the battery charge and sync issues is that they want to deplete the inventory faster and move on.

I have a spare One as part of their offers but software support looks tenuous because it's been well over a month and they haven't fixed the battery life and sync issues they caused. Who knows what the future holds for how long the app even talks to the One.

From the press who have reviewed the Ionic due in October, it's very buggy so it looks like all Fitbit's efforts are being spent on stabilizing that to the detriment of us One users.

Best Answer
I hope they are listening!!!

Sent from my iPhone 😉
Best Answer

For those who have used something other than the One and Zip, how accurate are the other trackers when carried in a pocket rather than worn on the wrist? Do you have any sense of which are the most accurate? I have a friends who keeps her AltaHR in her bra and swears it is far more accurate there than on her wrist. Has anyone tried taking the bands off the Charge and carrying it in a pocket? How accurate is it? What do others who can't wear a wristband do?

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a wrist Charge HR and a One. The One is much more accurate. If the wrist is not moving wildly, like when holding a dog leash, the Charge HR does not count the steps. I wore both for over a week, even had Fitbit send me a replacement Charge HR, and wore that too at the same time as a One, and the One is accurate. The Charge HR is a good 20% deficient in counting steps if your arm wearing the band is not fully moving. They know this. Their wrist gadgets just simply do not compare to the One which they are discontinuing.

Best Answer

Some of the other companies that sell trackers have clip on models but IMO the One has been the best. I am not purchasing another One since why bother supporting a device that does not at this moment hold a charge for an appreciable length of time and is being discontinued when supplies run out and even though the company SAYS it is going to support it, it will not be replaceable in the future.

I bought a nice non-internet based pedometer (Omron) because it is better than the Zip. Not as functional as the One, but the One's ship has sailed, I think.

Good luck.

Best Answer

I also went to a non-internet-based pedometer (Omron), which also sells small pocket activity trackers with internet functionality. They sell them at Walgreens.

I also have an Omron blood pressure monitor and they make a number of other products.

I got the non-internet model (and some backups) because if their company stops making them someday, it won't matter as they do not need ongoing service unless they literally die.

I've been a Fitbit fan for years and was disappointed that they burst my little One bubble. Had the Zip three times and they just aren't in the same league with the One. 

Best Answer

I have enjoyed reading the responses in this forum.  Thanks to all for weighing in.  These thoughts are very helpful to me.  I am especially interested to hear (as raised by another person posting here) whether any of the wrist models can be used in pockets or on belt loops with accuracy.  That does't fully solve my problem when wearing form-fitting shift dresses.  But it might keep me with Fitbit a bit longer.

Parenthetically (since folks are raising the issue in this forum as well as others), I feel like I must be the only one who does not have a problem with my older Fitbit One holding a charge.  Maybe it's that I sync to a MacBook Air and an Android . . . .  My Fitbit One still needs a charge only about once a week.  Accordingly, it has virtually no drawbacks for me, hence my (perhaps) heightened feeling of disappointment that the One is being discontinued without a suitable replacement being offered.

So sorry to see so many suffering.

Best Answer

You raise a great question.  If Fitibt monitors these, it would be nice if they would let us know if the wrist ones carried in the pocket or somewhere else would be accurate.

Best Answer

I tried asking this question on Twitter, and all I got was canned response: "Please note, that wrist- based Fitbit trackers uses your arm movements as an indication of steps. When placed inside your pocket, it may count less steps as Fitbit trackers use a 3-axis accelerometer to track movement from your arms to calculate steps." Actual tests from other Fitbit users who have counted actual steps versus fitbit steps would be very helpful.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

Don't say you apologize for any inconvenience when you don't mean it.  Yes, it would be an inconvenience for us that are avid "fitbit one" users, but no skin comes off from fitbit itself!  Which brings me back to where my fitbit one will NOT install.  I have an SR open and have always gotten good service from fitbit, but the software, even for me, is extremely frustrating.  One would think that if you logon and see "no paired devices" that the system would allow you to click on it and pair, but NO, not fitbit.  You have to go about some convoluted way to get it and install it.  I want to get fitbit connect back, but can't find it.  fitbit.com/start/one bring you back to fitbit.com/setup which doesn't work for me and it still shows my aria scale (good) and fitbit tracker (BAD).  Therefore I am stuck again in a loop and can't get it resolved.  Also, I removed the app to try and start over.  So far can't get the software.  However, if you look in the registry, fitibit is ALL OVER the place.  How best to remove from the registry?  /Roy

Best Answer