Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Fitbit One being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the second time in a year I lost my Fitbit One.  When I go to replace it, I see the major local stores, Target, Walmart, Best Buy no longer carry it and even on Amazon, only the black model readily available.  Is the Fitbit One being discontinued and if so, is it being replaced?

Best Answer
605 REPLIES 605

I'm sorry to hear that the Fitbit One will be removed.  I would like to make a suggestion.  Would it be possible to make a 'clip' for the Alta/Alta HR.  I don't wear anything on my wrist and I don't really want to put it in my pocket or neck.  Something that clips to my clothes would be wonderful.  Thanks.

Best Answer

Thank you for the update @KateFitbit I appreciate the information and any efforts  being made to keep the sales team and the support team on the same page--it has been very frustrating to hear different things from different parts of Fitbit.

Are the people who make the product decisions at FItbit aware of the feedback about the discontinuation of the One? Is there an address we can write to officially go on record as wanting a product that does exactly what the One does? I am sure I'm not the only one who is hoping that the widespread dissatisfaction with this decision might lead to a reversal of plans, and I would very much appreciate knowing where I could write that might have the greatest impact.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

If and when the Fitbit One is gone I may be gone too if it is not replaced with a similar item. I love this small device that fits in my pocket and clips onto a pair of pants with no pocket. Occasionally, it loses its charge more quickly than other times.  I often have trouble getting it to sync.  Having said that I have found workable solutions to these problems and still thoroughly enjoy the Fitbit One.  Just not going to wear something on my wrist day in and day out.  So unless there's a good replacement I may have to move on.  There are many, many of these little gadgets "out there".  Sure I'll be disappointed and  will have to do some research on other devices but if the solution does not lie within Fitbit I'm sure I can find something else.     

Best Answer

My original One functioned without any problems for 3 years.  Then the battery would no longer charge.  Have since purchased another One.  

Best Answer

Wow.  Really unhappy with this decision.    My wife's One is not staying charged after about 5 years, so I came here to order a new one.  Now... I may just go and see what the competition has available.  Neither of us want a wrist version and the zip doesn't track flights of stairs.  The one is perfect for us and we've both used them for years.  Now... I guess we look elsewhere.

Fitbit, you really should reconsider this.

Best Answer

I'm so sad to hear the fitbit one will be discontinued!  I've been a fitbit one wearer since 2013.  I'm on my 2nd or 3rd due to wear and tear.  I can't wear a wrist band because of the line of work I'm in and I really don't like the zip.  It's bulky and I can't track my sleep.  Please, fitbit, reconsider!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner, the Fitbit One will continue to be supported, and work with your Fitbit account,  although when stocks finally run out they will not continue to be manufactured.  Since your previous Ones lasted 5 years, you can probably confidently order new ones and worry about looking elsewhere some time down the road.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Sorry...I thought this was a reply to my post.  Oops

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I did.  Ordered two yesterday.   A new one for my wife and a spare.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solutions proposed do not work for me.  I walk my rescue dogs every morning and evening (2 dogs that appear very much to be American Fox Hounds.  A wrist tracker does not work.  If the dogs are calm, the wrist tracker does not count the full count of steps.  If the dogs are active and pulling the wrist tracker over counts the steps.  I walk up and down hills and want to know the stairs.  I also want to log other activities.

I was one of the first Fitbit Users in our area (started over 5 years ago).  I have set the example and know of over 100 people who have told me they bought a Fitbit because of my encouragement and prodding.  I now feel abandoned by Fitbit as they have taken away their only solution that solved my needs.  If the wristband ones had worked, I would have bought one of those years ago because of the additional features they have that I'm interested in.

If you are looking for ideas for a new product, you could have a wrist band Fitbit that would also allow you to wear a clip on fitbit for greater accuracy.  You could then likely develop some simple algorithims to decide which device is predictably most accurate for the situation the wearer is in.

Best Answer

Like others, I am very disappointed in the decision to discontinue the Fitbit One.  This product has been a life-changer for me, and it has all the right attributes.  Although my dongles have not been terribly well constructed and I am on my fourth or fifth clip/holster now, the device continues to be more accurate, more discreet (for someone who must "dress" for work many days, and more flexible in its use.  I don't need a lot of bells and whistles; I need something that works.

The Zip is not as discreet.  And my understanding is that the Zip does not have a rechargeable battery, yes?  Perhaps the Zip is being kept because it generates revenue through battery replacements that the One does not generate . . . . 

I do hope Fitbit reconsiders or makes a new version of the One.  In any event, I would love to see a rationale for its discontinuation.  I will look around for one.

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer
0 Votes

i am looking at options to replace because it appears a fitbit update as affected battery life of my one. so not sure I would want to stock up and have same issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the ONE!  I don’t want to wear something on my wrist as a tracker and don’t need a watch. The ONE is discreet and does what I need tracking sleep, steps etc. if you discontinue the ONE  please replace it with something like it but even better!  😞. I just bought my third ONE

Best Answer

I’m so upset that the One is being discontinued!  I accidentally washed mine and it cracked open.  I really want to replace it but don’t want a wrist band.  I really hope that Fitbit comes out with a new and improved version of the One.  

Best Answer

Not happy about this decision.  The One tracks steps also and for those of us that don't want to wear something on our arm not a good decision.  Please consider this decision.  I wore a zip for two years and upgraded to a one.  I love it.  After 21/2 years it no longer keeps a charge.  Will have to look for a similar product by another distributor.  

Best Answer

I so agree!!!! Why keep the Zip and discontinue the One? Not everyone wants to wear a wrist device!

Best Answer

I TOTALLY agree! So disgusted/disappointed

Best Answer

I received a 25% discount email due to my One not holding a charge, and not syncing. Three days later I attempted to order a new One and they are totally gone?!? Fitbit needs to consider it's loyal wearers of the One. Zip just doesn't cut it. So, since I won't wear a wrist device, I've lost my discount. (I've purchased at least 4 Fitbits over the last 4 years) Just doesn't seem right....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you.  It is likely some marketing person that believes all the people who buy Ones are just to cheap to buy a wrist type.  They may have totally lost track of the people who were the early adopters of the Fitbit starting with the One.  I urge everyone to reach out to the other suppliers of such devices, (Garmin being one) that Fitbit has left a market open and now someone can come in and pick of these customers.

Best Answer