Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Availability and Alternatives

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
1,310 REPLIES 1,310
@Igerdy This may be all part of the societal debate over the "obscolence of
things".

But actually the Apple battery case is imho very different. Apple took imho
a clever strategy of slowing down the CPU while keeping the device running
on less-performant battery. I had observed that my iPhone went a bit slower
but is not anymore stopping suddenly when doing Nordic ski 🙂 The real
problem was that they didn't put an IOS warning to the user about that
"chip tuning", hence some user naively decided that "it was time to upgrade
the full pack". But now commercially, Apple made a superb move: the battery
change will be offered for 29 $ only. See
https://www.apple.com/iphone-battery-and-performance/

At the opposite, I noticed that when the FitBit One device battery was
suddenly degrading, the device appear suddenly "dead" or lasting for only a
few hours. While a few days before the device was lasting for a week. It is
obviously not a problem of battery overall capacity degradation, but rather
a problem of the battery to sustain a given load (volt x ampere).

I suspect that the firmware v6.64 of the One has changed the algorithm in
that respect: many users (including myself) reported that their One device
battery suddenly degraded after the upgrade. So either the new firmware
takes more power (that the battery cannot sustain due to its age), either
the "battery health metering algorithm" was changed), either it is a pure
coincidence and the battery was "by change" coming out of life at exactly
the same time...

In any case, this thread iss more about a commercial company decision to
abandon a product line: no more pocket pedometers from the market-leader
FitBit! ;(
Best Answer

This is very disappointing. I don’t like things on my wrist and want more than the Zip offers. I’ve been thinking about getting a new One since mine is about 4 yrs. old but can’t find them now. From what I’ve read, it seems as though there are many of us who love our One so I’m not sure why it’s being discontinued. Please reconsider Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I am very disappointed as well with the discontinuation of the one.  I had the Ultra and switched to the one when it came out.  I don't want something I have to wear on my wrist and the zip is an inferior product.  I guess it is time to start shopping for another device with another vendor since the one is no longer an option and all other of your products must be worn on your wrist. Very disappointed Fitbit with your decision to discontinue the one and keep the zip.

Best Answer

I’m devastated to hear that Fitbit will be discontinuing the One. I’ve had mine every since 2009. It has been giving problems lately and I was Looking to purchase another one. I believe that the battery is dying. Please reconsider this decision. I absolutely love the One. In my opinion it’s the best and most accurate of all the Fitbit models. 

Best Answer

I am very disappointed about the discontinuation of Fitbit One.  I want a clip on and the Zip does not include flights of stairs which I like to track.

Best Answer

I  have been reading the reviews where individuals compared steps other fitbit products to the one and a GPS.  And the One is the most accurate with the GPS. If the One is the most accurate why would you discontinue it.  

Best Answer
Fitbit sold the one

It is incumbent on the new owner of the one to reduce the price back to $100 and have actual functionality

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Fitbit sold it

We need to know the actual company that bought and complain to them

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Does anyone have the name of the company that may have purchased rights to the One?

Best Answer
One is listed on Amazon by Eagletech

Sent from the far reaches of cyberspace
Best Answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

I look and didn’t see it. Do you have a link?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Amazon, do a search for Fitbit One and Eagletech is one of the vendors. There are others and ALL are well over $200. I will not pay that much for a One!

Best Answer
I saw these. Didn’t realise it was eagle tech. I’m with you on that one. They’re definitely ridiculously expensive.
Best Answer

My husband lost his fitbit one and doesn't want to deal with the Zip has limits and you have to replace the battery with no warning from what my brother in law says. 

If you are not going to replace it with an updated version you will have lost a customer. 

Two of my sisters also have one and one has said once it dies or she loses it she will find another product. 

They don't want to wear the wrist ones.

It's too bad. We use to work as a family to track each other's progress. 

Hopefully you come out with something since that style has a following. 

@KateFitbit wrote:

Though Fitbit One is a popular product, as we introduce new products, we occasionally make changes to our product line to keep you on track with the most up-to-date health and fitness tracking tools.

As a result, we no longer sell the One. We recommend considering the other discreet options we offer- Fitbit Zip, if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. Or, take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Please note that we will continue to support the One and, if necessary, provide replacements for devices in warranty.

We do know there are many fans of the One who would like to discuss alternatives and have created this thread for discussion and merged a few posts together. Please keep in mind Community Guidelines when posting. 

At this time, feedback has been shared on the One status and there are no plans to bring this particular tracker back at this time, we will not be able to comment further. 

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Best Answer

@orracle wrote:

Eagletech is a storefront reseller. They are not a manufacturer. Amazon says that the Ones they are selling are made by Fitbit.

Owner of 3 dead Zips and 2 dead Ones. Current FItbits: One and Flex 2. iPhone 8, latest ios
Best Answer

I'm a longtime user of the Fitbit one and the original Fitbit.  I chose those because I don't want a wrist based tracker.  Why not...because it's irritating and it clashes with my jewelry.  Call it vanity, but I'm not wearing expensive jewelry and a fitness wristband.  Trust me I'm not the only one that feels like this.  Fitbit ones are selling for $200 on EBay because not all people do not want a wrist based tracker.  Fitbit I am truly disappointed.  

Best Answer

Good morning, 

Thank you for your reply but if you read my post I already mentiomed he didn't want to deal with the Zip due to replacement of batteries along with its limits. Also my husband doesn't want one put on his wrist. He wears a watch that he doesn't want to give up for a tracker and actually it does track steps. We just can't view each other's progress so at this point he won't be purchasing a fitbit. I'm reading it is also something others have said. 

This is a general consensus in my family.

@SLM2012 wrote:

My husband lost his fitbit one and doesn't want to deal with the Zip has limits and you have to replace the battery with no warning from what my brother in law says. 

If you are not going to replace it with an updated version you will have lost a customer. 

Two of my sisters also have one and one has said once it dies or she loses it she will find another product. 

They don't want to wear the wrist ones.

It's too bad. We use to work as a family to track each other's progress. 

Hopefully you come out with something since that style has a following. 

@KateFitbit wrote:

Best Answer

I too must voice my disappointment with the decision to discontinue the One. It fit my needs perfectly and was very happy with it. Unfortunately, the new update appears to have broken my device and can no longer use it. I do not like the wrist ones. For me the One was the best option and I will probably have to look at an alternative company. Sad to see people leaving this company. I thought they had a good niche with this product.  

Best Answer

I just threw out a Twitter post of Fitibt, they seem to monitor that according to other users.  Stating why some of us can not use a wrist Fitbit.  We are not looking for them to bring The One back.  We are looking for a replacement for The One that is not a The Zip, but is a clip.  Steps, Distance, Floors climbed, the basics.  I don't need a heart monitor, I'd like something I can wear swimming, but I'll drop that idea in exchange for something I can clip to my hip or bra.

That another thing, I can wear the clip on my bra when wearing a dress for formal events.  Can't wear a wrist band to formal events.  That thing is an eyesore when wearing formal dress.

Best Answer