Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214

thank you so much!  I'll print this and keep it for next time so I won't have to keep pestering people.  Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything suggested and nothing is working, stopped syncing after last update

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Pete111,
Thanks for the info. I must admit, I stopped updating several months ago because my One seemed unhappier with each update.
I would contact Fitbit help- chat or phone and see what they say.
That way they know their new update is affecting users.
JEH1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Pete111, I gave up with my first One because I think the bluetooth eventually failed.  Like you, I tried everything offered for suggestion on this website.  I went ahead and bought another from Amazon (while they were still available) and it synchs just fine.  For now.  Perhaps this is why Fitbit stopped marketing their One.  It's a shame, because it was a really popular little device.  But maybe it has this inherent bluetooth problem that couldn't be resolved.

Good luck!

Grace

Best Answer

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I've tried resetting and restarting and my fitbit one will not sync. 

Best Answer

My One is also not syncing--it has been a problem for quite some time now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Every darn time they do a stinking update my one stops syncing. I am so tired of this.  

Best Answer

My One is also not syncing. The last time it sync was on Wednesday. I have tried resetting, uninstalling and then reinstalling still is not working. I'm starting to think that they have done something to the network in hopes that we will upgrade. So not happy.

Best Answer

I was lucky it worked the first time I tried this.  Thanks Wendy for the instructions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally reached out to customer support and they were able to get mine reset.  So far it seems to be working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love it if this didn't keep happening. Mine worked fine last night, this morning wouldn't sync. Thank you for the solution - that worked (until next time). I'm about to give up on Fitbit. I noticed a few months ago they don't even have the One anymore, and I refuse to wear a rubber bracelet (and prefer my gold watch) so when this one dies I'll do without.

Best Answer
I agree with you. I won't wear a wrist based fitness tracker. Not unless its round, like a real watch. Definitely not the Fitbit versions.

I should say however that the re-sync I use has worked many times for me now.

Sent from Outlook
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes - mine has been working since I did that resync. But I agree, the plastic  wrist bands are ugly. I did purchase a new One off Ebay, that I havent yet pulled out of the box, but I dont know how long they will continue  to support my beloved One. Fitbit really needs to understand their  customer's needs better.

Best Answer

Well now I've had to do this twice in one day. Very frustrating. It worked for several months, now it stopped twice in one day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing. How do I get it to sync again? Restarted phone, shut bluetooth off and back on, etc. Didn't work.

I will not replace the One. It's like rewarding the company for making the device stop working. If I cannot get it to work I will leave Fitbit.

Best Answer

This is what worked for me (copied from a year-ago reply early in this thread):

Per FitBit:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

I read to connect charger and fitbit to computer which is not my normal method of charging. That reset from the computer worked while the one into a USB port and wall charger did not. It wiped the fitbit and I set it up as new.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing the situation you are experiencing with Fitbit One not syncing. 

I'm glad to hear that some of you got this resolved already.

For those still experiencing this I'd recommend trying all the troubleshooting steps listed on this helpful article. This should certainly help you out with this.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Well been over 1 moth and neither of my fit bit ones are working (2). I have given up. very dissatified. ever since the update nothing. fitbit has lost me as a customer.

Best Answer