Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214

unable to sync One tried on two iPhone

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked! Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lindacarolyn Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the same syncing situation you are having with your One. Thanks for trying to sync it using two different iPhone. 

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps in order to sort this out. That should certainly help you out with this. 

@neilTrembley It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for trying the steps provided. I'm really glad they worked for you and that you are back on track. 

@JoshMc Thanks for your reply and for trying those steps and provided those details about this salutation. 

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox.

@SunsetRunner Thanks for providing your feedback regarding this. Please report any inconveniences you may be experiencing to customer support through the case I created for you.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

This solution worked for me.   I gave it a few minutes to sync up by logging weight and food and it is working just fine now.   Thank you so much.  I am not very technical and found this solution extremely easy!!!

Best Answer

@Mons_mons Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm really glad to read that the solution worked for you and that it was an easy one. I'm glad that you found this thread to be helpful. Hopefully, it will be helpful for other users too. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Suddenly it works, the last update got it fixed!

(For what it's worth, for anyone else on Android 9: apparently Google changed the bluetooth software from Android 8, and that may have been part of the problem.  So extra props to Fitbit's engineers for getting it working!)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoshMc Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad to read that it is now working properly again. 

Thanks for sharing that extra data about Android 9. I'm sure a lot of users will find it very helpful!

Additionally, have you checked the Feature Suggestions Board? If you have any ideas for future features you would like to see on your Fitbit device, this is the best place for asking. Feel free to search for existing feature suggestions or add you own original one!

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One just stopped syncing (again). When I turned the Bluetooth on my phone off and then on again, it's saying "Pairing rejected by One."

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hokiefit  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not syncing. Thanks for sharing those details regarding this.

Are you still experiencing this issue?

I'd recommend trying these syncing troubleshooting steps. Try them in the order given there for best results.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reset while it was plugged in and it seems to be working.
Thanks
Best Answer

@hokiefit  Thanks for your quick reply and for trying the restart steps. I'm really glad to read that it is now working properly for you and that you are back on track. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users who might be experiencing similar situations. 

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my FITBIT has died once each day for the last three days so I'm
calling. My FITBIT ONE is done and so am I.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit One stopped synching (last synched on 2/18).  It is still counting steps fine, but not uploading them.  I have tried syncing both with bluetooth and the dongle.  I tried the reset sequence mentioned in many posts, with no success.  I have also tried to re-add the device, where the device is found, however there is trouble accessing fitbit.com.   I recently linked the device with a withings/nokia scale.  That data is being sent to the fitbit app successfully.  Thinking that maybe the link is interfering and causing a problem with the sync, I was going to try to delete the link, however I can not I receive an "unknown status code" message when trying to log into the withings app from the connection wizard.   
Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AFitterTracy  Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your One. Thanks for trying the restart steps in order to sort this out.

It is possible that your One has a firmware update pending. Try the following steps in order to sort this out. If you already did some of those steps; please try them again.

@jaxfit  I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing those details. Have you tried restarting your One already? 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
After three dead days I gave up and bought a $18.00 pedometer. So far so
good. Miss my one but what can you do when you can't get a new one?
Best Answer

@SantiR- I tried the steps several times, still with no synching.

- I use the PC (Windows) with the dongle to sync.  I was using a Windows 7 machine with the Connect software, but I've also tried to sync on Windows 10 with the latest app.  The app tries to synch for awhile, then nothing.

- The app still indicates last sync Feb 18 with version 60. 

- I've repeatedly tried the restart process.  The fitbit indicates FITBIT 6.64.  I can see that the restart did something as the labels (steps,floors,...) reappear.

- Because of the version mismatch between the app and the fitbit, I've tried to update the tracker.  It spins for awhile then issues message "Could not complete your Fitbit One update"

- The fitbit itself seems to be counting steps properly.  The clock appears to have lost about 10 mins and has not readjusted for daylight savings time.

- I've tried to connect to my fitbit on a Mac (which is where my husband syncs his fitbit one), and it just kept spinning

- To verify that it is not my machine or the dongle, I connected to my husbands fitbit one, and his synch worked immediately.

Disappointing because I've been very happy with my fitbit one and I've been losing getting credit with the health plan.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks! This worked perfectly. 

@CAllen wrote:

Per FitBit:

1. Plug your charging cable into your computer.
  2. Plug your Fitbit One tracker into the charging cable, making sure that the gold contacts on your tracker align with the gold contacts in the inside of the charger.
  3. Hold down your tracker's button for 10-12 seconds.
  4. Remove your tracker from the charging cable and press its button until the screen turns on.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  This solved the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jaxfit re: "what can you do when you can't get a new one?"

You can (1) replace the One battery ($10), (2) find a working used One ($20), (3) buy a new Charge on eBay for $30 or a new Zip for $40, or (4) do what you did and go old school with a separate pedometer. Life's about choices. I'm hooked on the Fitbit challenges and comradery that helps me keep stepping 😄 Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sometimes, my trackers don't sync. ALWAYS, the *fix* for me has been to simply turn off Bluetooth on the device, then go back into the Fitbit app and click sync, which will prompt me that it needs to turn back on the Bluetooth. Unsure why, but for me works every single time. Happens maybe every few weeks or so. DW

Best Answer
0 Votes