Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Not Syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after the last updates my fitbit will not sync. Anyone still having issues? I have 2 of them. Ugh. Not happy been several weeks and still not resolved.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
214 REPLIES 214
I have a Fitbit One.  Do not think you need bluetooth for that.  I actually have no idea what bluetooth is, if I have it, or what it does, but I was able to get my One to start syncing. 
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

“Bluetooth technology was named after a Danish king, King Harald Blatand, who had a penchant for snacking on blueberries and was known for uniting warring factions in what is now Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Uniting devices from different manufacturers and with different purposes, like computers from Apple and mice from Microsoft, is what Bluetooth technology is all about — all at a low cost, with low power consumption and a secure connection every time.” Source: Gizmodo.

Relevance: Fitbit's One was its first tracker synced with Bluetooth. Cheers! 🧐

Best Answer
0 Votes

Works! Thank you

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DontHassleHoff wrote:

Just got off the phone with customer support.  Grace was a life-saver.  She solved my problem.  Here are the steps she walked me though:

1. Log out of the FB app.
  2. Turn off the phone's Bluetooth.
  3. Restart the FB tracker.
    • Insert the tracker into the charging cable.
    • Press and hold the button on the tracker for 15 seconds.  Not 10-12.  15 seconds.  The device should not light up when removed from the charging cable.
    • Remove the FB from the charging cable.
    • Press the button one time to restart the tracker
  4. Turn on the phone Bluetooth. 
  5. Restart the FB app.
  6. My tracker started syncing right away.

If you don't have success, call FB Tech Support at 877-623-4997.

Good luck.

Thank you SO much for this!!!!!

My Fitbit wouldn't sync for  nearly 2 weeks and I was going crazy.  I was emailing back and forth with the support people to no avail and restarting wouldn't work because the numbers are wrong on the all of the advice we're given!  I tried the 15 seconds you suggested and it worked!!!!!! I'm so grateful, thank you!  Now the app on my phone works, the dongle on my computer, everything works.

I sent them this information and linked to this thread.  I also said they should change the number to 15 seconds and then could avoid a lot of unnecessary emails/calls/ disgruntled customers.

It's wonderful, you're wonderful for sharing this.

Thank you, you made my day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try following the instructions in my post above yours?

It worked for me and I was really grateful for the advice.  That’s why I cut and pasted it here.

Please give it a try- it could well work...

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much...this did the trick!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you! The sequences reported by other users didn’t work for my One, but this troubleshooting sequence did! I appreciate your sharing this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

YAY!  thank you . . followed these steps and victory . . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome, I’m glad it worked!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarting the Fitbit one every day is not a solution.

Best Answer

My One hadn't been syncing and I had been restarting it a couple of times a day to get it to sync. The solution from @DontHassleHoff worked for me, but it took a couple of tries. The trick in my case was, for step #1, to close the fitbit app and clear it from memory ("Close All" in my android app switcher), then proceed with the rest of the steps as given above by @DontHassleHoff. The first time through I actually logged out of the fitbit app in step #1, but like before it only synced one time and then couldn't be found after that. My One has now been happily syncing for a day or so (yay!). HTH.

Best Answer
Done this one. Doesn't work.

Also tried removing the Fitbit and re-adding it as a new one after
restarting. Doesn't work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the missing (until just above) and necessary step is to turn the phone's bluetooth off when you reset the fitbit. Mine's working again now, for now anyway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit will NOT sync to my phone ..  HELP

Best Answer
0 Votes

how did you fix this ?  mine is doing that  😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me on my One.

Log out of your fitbit account then turn off your Bluetooth. Next put your fitbit in the charger and hold the button down for exactly 15 seconds. After 15 seconds take fitbit off the charger (your fitbit should not come on). Turn on Bluetooth sign in to your fitbit account. Turn on fitbit. Your fitbit should start syncing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ight.  BUT, the next time I open the app, it won't sync.  Why do I have to reset it every time to resync it.  CLUE, itf I use the tablet bluetooth to pair, it says ONE refuses the pairing.  sounds like ONE thinks it is still paired, but can't use it or did not disconnect when the tablet stopped the pair.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All i can tell you is that I used the 15 second work around for 2 years.  After manually syncing, the One synced automatically for several months.   Eventually, a few weeks ago, it stopped doing that and I had to manually sync it every time eg at the end of the day.  I got bored and bought an Inspire (not the HR) for which a clip is available. So like my old One I can keep it in my trouser pocket.  Sorry not to be more encouraging 

Best Answer
0 Votes

s like fit is doing things like dell does.  it has stopped supporting the ONE on their app.  They want us to buy a bigger better.  It still seems to work on the PC with the USB chip that came with it, that had the dashboard software on it.

Planned obsolescence.  or as is also known as corporate greed

Best Answer