Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pairing rejected by One

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just received a Google Pixel XL (not noted on your compatible devices page) and received "Pairing rejected by One" multiple times. It is shown as available. I have turned off/on Bluetooth on the phone and the phone itself a few times. Turned  the One (Firmware 60) off/on a few times also (shows Fitbit 6.60). Android version 7.1. Bluetooth 4.2. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @cmtp0592,

Fitbit trackers do not pair like conventional bluetooth devices.  All you need to do is:

• Install the Fitbit App.
  • Log on to your existing account.

The Fitbit App will establish the bluetooth pairing on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @cmtp0592,

Fitbit trackers do not pair like conventional bluetooth devices.  All you need to do is:

• Install the Fitbit App.
  • Log on to your existing account.

The Fitbit App will establish the bluetooth pairing on your behalf.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Best Answer

You're right. Everything is where it should be. Thanks!

Best Answer

Didn't work. Never has.

Best Answer

this is not always the case.  I think that eventually the bluetooth on the One dies so that it cannot sync.  I bought another One and it syncs just fine.  As for turning the One on and off, how is that done?

Best Answer

@gcpierce,

Hmm...  That is not my experience.  I've had a Fitbit One since 2013 and while it's occasionally gotten to a state where it doesn't sync, it's something that clears up after a restart.  Though personally, I've had better luck holding the button down for closer to 20 seconds when doing a restart.

If you want to turn the Fitbit One off.  Just do a restart, but don't press the button to turn it back on at the end.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

Thanks. Now if only I knew how to do a restart....  Can you tell me please?  I tried this process with my first One, to no avail.  Perhaps I didn't do it right.  New One works fine. Of course so did my first One, until it didn't. Yes it had hiccups, but then it just stopped syncing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gcpierce,

Curious.  This is what I do:

1. Plug the one into the charging cable (you should see the battery meter if you press the button).
  2. While plugged in, press and hold the button for 20 seconds.
  3. Before releasing the button, unplug the USB cable from the port.

If you've done this correctly, once you press the button again (long press to turn it on), you should see the firmware message (FITBIT 6.60, or the like).  That's how you know you've successfully restarted it.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer

I thought I replied to your helpful post once, but evidently I didn't do it correctly.  You have inspired me to try again (if I can find my first One).  If this works, I wonder how my app will tell the difference between the two Ones.  It is presently synching with my newer One and my Charge 2.  I wear both because I do a lot of aerobics, circuit training, etc., and I also push shopping carts around and carry things around the house, like dishes, food, laundry, etc.  It does a pretty decent job of figuring out how to count steps and credit exercise.  Curiously the app eventually will subtract all the steps done while I'm working out.  It will not give me credit for both.  And that's probably the correct thing to do.  But it's funny to see thousands of steps disappear.  haha.  Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gcpierce,

Well, you can't test that right now...  Your Fitbit account will allow multiple trackers, but only one of each model.  So the moment you paired your new One, it removed your old one from the account.

You can try it from another account though.

Frank | Washington, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

you must have read my mind.  I was postponing trying because I was afraid of that.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm getting the "Pairing rejected by One" over and over this evening.  I use both the Alta and the One and the One was syncing earlier.  Now it won't pair.  I've restarted both the Fitbit and the phone (Android).  I've installed the Fitbit App on the computer but cannot see how it will establish bluetooth pairing with the phone.  Hints??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Melethia wrote:

I'm getting the "Pairing rejected by One" over and over this evening.  I use both the Alta and the One and the One was syncing earlier.  Now it won't pair.  I've restarted both the Fitbit and the phone (Android).  I've installed the Fitbit App on the computer but cannot see how it will establish bluetooth pairing with the phone.  Hints??

I use Charge 2 and One together.  One refuses to pair with my phone, but it synchs, nonetheless.  Shocking, I know.  I feel luckly.  Sometimes I have to kill my phone's bluetooth and restart it, but so far so good.  My phone is also android.

Best Answer
0 Votes

One does not update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kaycasey Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with your One not updating to its latest Firmware version. 

In this case, I'd recommend following these update troubleshooting steps to sort this out. This has helped other users in the past. 

Try that out and let me know hgw it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer