Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Replacement One

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi - I recently disconnected my original Fitbit One because it has been missing since January and tried to connect an old Ultra - but got download corrupt messages so I connected Fitbit support who kindly sent me a replacement One.... received today and was really looking forward to getting back to tracking but...

Trying to connect the 'new' One on my pc - (Windows 10)and am getting similar download corrupt file message.windows corrupt.PNG

This was the corrupt file message when I tried to add the Ultra last week fitbit u.PNG

I can't get an option to setup the One - it takes me back to this with the ultra showing.

fitbit ultra.PNG

Finally, i have also tried to connect the new One on my iphone - uninstalled the App and re-installed and it gets as far as 'searching'    but still not connecting

Do I need to have the One dongle plugged into the pc?    I didn't think I did for connecting

thanks for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

You need to plug in the dongle if you are setting it up on the computer.

Download the Windows version here for the PC

https://www.fitbit.com/start?platform=win

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
Oh thanks Wendy - I couldn't remember if I had to have the dongle plugged in - as I haven't used it for 6 months I recently unplugged it and now can't find it - still trying to connect via my iPhone but still just searching

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to delete my app and reinstall it.  Do not worry about losing your data.  When you sign in, all of your past data will be available. 

Best Answer

thanks all for info - in the end i didn't need the dongle after all as it connected via Bluetooth with my PC, but thank you for help and advice offered by all.

Best Answer

Hi, I have followed the link provided and when I got there it told me that Fitbit was already installed.

I am trying to connect my replacement ONE tracker but it does not work. The dongle is plugged in. The tracker is fully charged and one inch away from the dongle. I have FItbit installed (not Fitbit Connect) and I am using Mozilla Firefox under Windows 10. I don't know what to do since I am also trying to save my old stats as I resume walking. Any hints? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes