Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washed my One and now dead

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't even know when I started.  I know I bought my FitBit One in 2010 and I had 11,534.709 steps last month when my One went into the washer and DIED.  Need to get a new one. Not sure if my Polar M400 watch steps count here

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Schila Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I moved your post to the One Board as you may find some answers here regarding your washed One.

That's unfortunate to hear, but when a Fitbit tracker gets washed, it is usually a Fitbit One. That's because most of the times users will forget that the tracker is clipped to their pants and bra and will wash it altogether.

However, there is a common fix for this. Try putting the tracker into a bowl of rice from 24 to 48 hours. Rice should reduce the moisture within your One and it may actually get fixed. I mean, I've seen several cases in which a Fitbit One will start working again after being washed when doing this workaround. Please try that out as soon as you can!

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

ONE.jpg

I did that.  The problem with mine is that is so old that with time the button to toggle between steps, stairs, calories burned, etc came off long time ago.  So when it went into the washer the components inside got wet as well .  Is not working anymore.  It went DEAD.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can google for a Fitbit One. I know Ebay has some. Amazon might as well.

Just watch out for prices as they are going up due to it being discontinued.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you Wendy. Due to the fact that this was a 2010 FITBIT ONE and is dead , it was time to upgrade.  Yesterday I called CS at FitBit and even though my One didn't have any warranty, they were very kind and gave me a 25% discount towards the purchase of a new one . Decided to go for the CHARGER 2.  So soon, I will be stepping again :))

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schila Thanks for your reply! That is awesome to hear! I'm so glad to hear that customer support was kind enough to offer a discount and that you took advantage out of it and that a Charge 2 will be yours!

Charge 2 is an awesome device, you will enjoy it a lot. It includes even more features than the One. It is one of the new generations of Fitbit trackers. You will have a whole new experience with Fitbit trackers! Check the features below:

Charge 2 FeaturesCharge 2 Features

Once you have received your Charge 2; follow these steps to set it up

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes