Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fitbit one is not syncing steps to challenges.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've read through a lot of posts and I can't seem to get the right result for my fitbit. 

I've had it since December and this is the first time it is not working properly. My steps are not updating for the challenges that I signed up for. 

No one is in a different time zone.

I haven't logged any steps with a 3rd party app.

I reset my One, a few times.

I unistalled the app and reinstalled.

I've turned bluetooth off and on.

I've restarted my phone. 

I'm out of options. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to our Community @cleversquid! Thanks for joining us! Man HappyI noticed @Julia_G provided you with great information to help you resolve this. I'd like to add that there are some other reasons for this to happen as the following:

1. Steps fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. 
2. You manually logged an activity. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. 

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi, @cleversquid , how long has this been going on for?  Sometimes it takes awhile for everything to sync through.  Also I would suggest going to your app, selecting your One and checking the time and date of your last sync, to make sure it has actually synced.  Try forcing a sync a couple of times and check the time / date again.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. The date and time of the sync is always right. The
weekend challenges I'm in are starting to update with today's steps,
however I'm still missing about 2300 steps in total. The syncing issues
started yesterday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply. The date and time of the sync is always right. The weekend challenges I'm in are starting to update with today's steps, however I'm still missing about 2300 steps in total. The syncing issues started yesterday.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, @cleversquid , that's all a good sign. As I said, it sometimes takes a while for all the information to propogate through the system. If, as it seems, the Charge HR is syncing properly, hopefully your steps will show up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @cleversquid! Thanks for joining us! Man HappyI noticed @Julia_G provided you with great information to help you resolve this. I'd like to add that there are some other reasons for this to happen as the following:

1. Steps fully synced to our database but you're not viewing the mobile app dashboard in Live Data Mode. 
2. You manually logged an activity. 
3. You used MobileRun to track GPS data with your app. 

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just stopped working and battery was fully charged
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, welcome to the Fitbit Community @nurse834 Woman Very Happy! I'd recommend following the steps what my friend @SunsetRunner has shared here in order to solve the syncing issues.

Also, have you tried and verified the information that @MeylinP and @Julia_G provided?

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I'm still not sure what caused the issue, however everything seems to be syncing normally now.
Thanks for your response!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @cleversquid thanks for the update my friend! So glad to know everything is now working correctly. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to share your interests and make new friends here at Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear All, 

I hope that you can help as I am having the same issue: 

My sister and I were in a Workweek Hustle, we live in the same timezone and we do not manually enter our steps.  On Friday, my steps on the challenge stopped increasing, although my steps on the dashboard continued to increase. That is my total steps were 104,036, but the challenge only registered 95,371.

Please note:

- Same time zone with my sister;

- Charge HR battery fully charged;

- Phone fully charged;

- I do not use MobileRun; 

- I do not manually enter steps

I re-started my phone, re-started by Charge HR, re-started by BlueTooth, re-installed the FitBit app and nothing helped.

In addition, I did not get a Goal Streak trophy although I got over 20,000 steps every day of the challenge and my daily goal is 10,000 steps.  

For your reference, I have attached a screenshot with my final results as well as the summary of my steps during the week.

Grateful for any assistance that you could provide.

Best,

Keren

Work_Week_Hustle_ResultsActual_Steps_During_the_Week

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's nice to see you around the Community @KayCeeCee Smiley Very Happy! Thanks very much for taking the time to provide me with all this information. It seems that you've tried what was already suggested here, so my best advice would be to get in touch with Customer Support directly so they can take a deeper investigation into this, to make the process easier, please include the link to your post so they can see what you've done so far. 

You'll be in good hands my friend, have a nice day! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - If I manually log an activity, will it sync to the challenges or no? I manually logged something on monday for the workweek hustle and it's still not syncing 3 days later

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @mackenziet, unfortunately manually logged steps do not count towards challenges.

Best Answer
0 Votes