Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Forgotten Completely for Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My mom set up an account for my Charge 2 a while ago when I wasn't there. She doesn't remember the email she used, or the password. My phone signed me out of the account, and I am not able to modify my alarms, or update any fitness information. I need to know how I can either get the account info or reset the fitbit so I can link it to a new account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that you can't access your account data. I would like to clarify that deleting the app won't remove the tracker from your account but you can simply create a new account and setup the device on this account like @Odyssey13 suggested.

Let me know how it goes! 

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @SunsetRunner

Unfortunately there is no way for Fitbit to help you get into the account to change it or to view the info. Unless your mom remembers the password and email address, it's best to start anew. Think she wrote it down?

Your device can't be factory reset, but past history is deleted when set up with a new account

Try setting it up as a new device with a new account and see what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

She didn't write it down. Also, I can't find a way to disconnect the account from the fitbit without knowing the account. If anyone knows how, please tell me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  there is no way to disconnect the account from the Fitbit since you don't have the information to log in. Remove the app and set up with a new account to get started again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
OK! Thank you so much! But are you sure deleting the app will disconnect
the account from my fitbit?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  considering you can't change the email or delete the account in the usual way, you don't have many options. It can't hurt to give it a try.

Set up on a new account, using a new email and see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Sorry to hear that you can't access your account data. I would like to clarify that deleting the app won't remove the tracker from your account but you can simply create a new account and setup the device on this account like @Odyssey13 suggested.

Let me know how it goes! 

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you so much! I tried it and it worked!
Best Answer

Fantastic news @SunsetRunner

Now you're stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes