Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air bubble on charge HR band

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
An air bubble has appeared on the strap of my charge HR. I follow care instructions on my band. I'm gutted as I've only had it since Febuary. Has anyone else had a similar problem?
Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103
So I have the same issue with my 3 months old charge HR. I contacted fitbit and they were all ready to send me a replacement....only problem is that I'm not in one of their delivery zones. I am hoping the retailer where I bougot it will assist.

I just can't understand why this fault has not been resolved. Way too many posts about the same thing. Doesn't make sense
Best Answer

Fitbit was sued a lot for their last tracker before the HR, if you remember. That is what Fitbit does, ignore the problem until they get sued. 

Best Answer
Same here! Just popped up a few days ago
Best Answer
0 Votes

If under warranty still ask for your money back, they seem to have no plans to fix or correct this fault they will offer to replace it under warranty until this runs out.Then you will have to pay to replace it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought my first ChargeHR last October and I'm now on my second replacement. That little bubble under the band turns into completeseparation of the band from the hard part of the Tracker. The adhesive that is being used by fitbit really needs to be analyzed and assessed to see if it can be improved because like everyone else I've been seeing the current stuff just isn't working. If it's not holding up to heat maybe a more heat resistant glue would be advisable. Please get this fixed as my fiance and I don't want to go to a different company for our trackers.
Best Answer
@Zaragirl78 That's what exactly happened to my tracker. I also received a replacement, but am not holding my breath that it will last. That's why I decided to fix my old tracker. I posted it here ( https://community.fitbit.com/xmnuz23762/board/message?board.id=chargeHR&message.id=141921#M141921 ), if you're interested. Hope that helps. 😺

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first got my Charge back in November 2015. Since then, I've gone through three Charges (all replaced by Fitbit for free). Sadly, this latest replacement is showing the wristband bubble defect. Clearly, the company has serious quality control issues. I hope they resolve it in the near future. I hate to be throwing away perfectly working devices just because I can't replace the band. Anyway, I have moved on to using a competitor's product. In the meantime, Fitbit said they will be sending me another replacement. Uh okay...

Best Answer
I'm definitely going to be looking into doing this for mine. They're in perfect working condition other than the band so this is a great idea for getting more time out of the product.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck, @Zaragirl78!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! @Marrrmaduke
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just contacted support about a bubble in mine. I bought it back in February off Amazon. The band has also started pulling away from the top part of the display. The bubble appeared in the last week. I'm guessing it wasn't a fan of the over 100 degree temperatures and 95% and up humidity we've experienced in this heat wave. 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got off the phone with support for my third Charge HR due to this issue, the second happened and had not even been worn... the only options they give you are crap... you can either get yet another flawed, defective device, or get 25% off your next purchase, but I already spend $150 on this one that is defective, why would I spend another $150 on the next one, I would be out $150 for the first.  Their support in this matter knowing that it is flawed is rediculous. I will definately be looking else where. It is sad when a company knows there is a flaw and are unwilling to give you any viable options to get something that is not defective. 

Best Answer

It's a matter of time before it separates from the tracker...mine started below the display, only a little...then within a month or so a bubble appeared, then within weeks, the bubble has resulted in a peeling away on all three sides where it is supposed to be connected to the tracker.

My Bride gave it to me as a Christmas 2016 gift, she's now called and it is to be replaced within a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and they offered the Alta to me at no charge, it doesnt have the capabilities mine does, since when is it acceptable to offer a lesser product to fix my problem. What happened to equal or greater? I would be an idiot to take something less than what I paid for. I bought this one for its capabilites, I want those in its replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am on my fourth one. All four have done the exact same thing. A bubble appears within a couple of months. Very poor quality materials in the band. When I contacted support all they said to me was they could give me 25% off the purchase of another one. No thank you. Not going to waste more money. Looking to other brands and warning everyone I know.

Best Answer

I am facing the same problem of air bubbles within 6 months of my purchase...pl guide on what is to be done..i have already contacted the Fitbit Customer Care & havent got nay response yet.

@fnhl_survivor wrote:

I am on my fourth one. All four have done the exact same thing. A bubble appears within a couple of months. Very poor quality materials in the band. When I contacted support all they said to me was they could give me 25% off the purchase of another one. No thank you. Not going to waste more money. Looking to other brands and warning everyone I know.

@fnhl_survivor wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Manshul try going to the help link from your computer and linking up a chat... you get immediate responce that way... they usually just offer to replace it as long as it's within waranty. I'm actually going to be getting a couple of sleeve type things for mine and my fiance's that will help keep it from bubbling. there are all kinds of designs on Amazon at a wide range of prices. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

While you're trying to improve the quality, you should consider the poor suckers who paid big bucks for an inferior product. Extend the warranty to show that you really care about your "friends".

Best Answer
0 Votes

"Sorry" doesn't cut it! We're "sorry" that we wasted our money on a defective product!

Best Answer