Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Almost no steps counted on Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased a new Charge 2.  It's not tracking many steps.  One day it tracked 10.  I have looked on the forums and rebooted several times.  Removed from the app.  Turned BT off.  Restarted my phone.  Nothing is working.   Help please! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Pmac708 , that’s very strange! The usual test for this is to go outside and, wearing your Fitbit, with your arms swinging naturally by your side (don’t carry anything and don’t put your hands in your pockets) as you walk, take 100 steps, counting as you walk.  When you have taken 100 steps, check your Fitbit.  Fitbits are designed to be 95% accurate so you should see 95-105 steps counted by your Fitbit.

Having said all that, it is not possible to have bought a “new” Charge 2.  It is possible, of course, that it is in an unopened packet and will have been sold as “new”, but in fact it will be a device that is at least several years old.  The Charge 2 was discontinued years ago (the current model is Charge 5!).

Normally the first thing that goes is the battery, but I suppose it would be possible for other parts of the device to deteriorate if the battery has been allowed to be dormant for several years.

If your Charge 2 fails the step test outlined above I would suggest getting in touch with the seller and see if you can get a refund.  You obviously don’t want a Fitbit that is unable to track the most basic metric!

Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes