Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while pairing! An error occurred while pairing your tracker, please try again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have been trying to pair my new Fitbit Charge 2 since yesterday. I have tried a lot of things I have seen online like turning bluetooth on and off, restarting my phone, I tried the Fitbit Connect too and it is not working. I also disconnected all other bluetooth devices connected and still nothing. 

On my iphone 5s it allows me to enter the code but it just says "connecting to Fitbit..." and does not connect. I was just wondering if this is a firmware defect and I would need to return my Fitbit or is it something that I might be doing wrong? Can it be that I have a weak bluetooth signal? I appreciate any insight you may have. Thank you so much! 

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi @erika12-12, welcome to the Forums! Robot Happy I appreciate you have tried those steps to complete the setup process of your Charge 2. Have you made sure that your Charge 2 is fully charged while trying to set it up? 

Let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I have the same problem 

An error occurred while pairing! 

Tracker connection lost

How can I overcome this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have tried starting with my Mac Book Pro and new I Phone SE and neither one will connect.  The watch bluetooth is not working.  I have shut down several times, restarted, rebooted everything and still nothing.  Not sure in this day and age why it so hard to get a WATCH to connect.

Best Answer

Hey @roseayla, welcome aboard! Cat Happy What device are you using to set up your Charge 2? A computer, an Android phone or an iOS device? In the meantime, let me suggest you something, restart your tracker and try the setup process again. 

@dpevans, welcome my friend! Could you please plug your Charge 2 and try to set it up while is plugged? 

Let me know how it goes, guys! 

Best Answer

Finally was able to get this figured out. 

First I turned off all BT, phone, computer, IPad.

Then shut off phone (being used as connected device)

plugged in fitbit and restarted.

turned phone back on

turned BT on phone only

finally was able to sync and update.

then turned all other BT devices back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @dpevans! Oh! Sounds pretty cool that your Charge 2 is syncing fine now. I also appreciate that you have shared these tips with us. I'm pretty sure that they will help other users who are experiencing the same issue, to solve it. 😉 

Happy stepping! Smiley LOL

Best Answer

Are you kidding me? This is your recommendation?? Wish i had known this before i purchased...

Best Answer

Hey @longinator, welcome aboard! Did you tried the tips along this thread? Was your Charge 2 successfully paired? If not, let me know what is the specific issue that you have with your tracker so I can help you out. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue trying to set a charge 2 on my MacBook (I do run bluetooth 4.0). Have fully charged the new fitbit, have been successfully sent a pairing code, have turned off all the other bluetooth devices nearby, and still get the 'error occured while pairing' message. And yes - I have tried turning it on and off as well! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Rubics, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate you have tried some tips to set up your Charge 2 with your MacBook Air. Since you still getting that error message, I'd like you try to set up your tracker with a mobile compatible device

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked straight away with a mobile device. Not at all the preferred option and a disappointing solution given the fact it is 2018! Still - now functioning.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to confirm - I've had exactly the same experience.  I got "error occurred while pairing" while attempting to pair with my MacBook, but the device pairs fine with my iPad.  So, not really a problem, just a bit annoying.  And I DON'T think the fault is with my MacBook.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Rubics, thanks for your reply! Sounds great that your Charge 2 was finally paired with your mobile device. Once is paired, it might sync with your Mac. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. 

@Robin_B, welcome aboard! Just curiosity, have you tried the troubleshooting in this help article: Why can't set up my Fitbit device? The steps here could help you out with this error. 

Keep me posted guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep, and apparently no one at FitBit is interested in resolving...
Best Answer

Good morning HeydyFitbit,

As of this morning, I have personally had to deal with tech support on two (2) separate occasions. Both of which resulted in a replacement Fitbit Charge 2, neither of which will pair with my Android device or my Windows 10 laptop. (Before you attempt to troubleshoot my issues, you should know that I spent nearly ten (10) years as an IT professional supporting all sorts of devices.)

The Charge 2 is the biggest waste of money I have ever had. It does not sync. Does not pair. Seemingly EVERY customer that has one can't get it to pair, even on "supported" devices, without more of a headache than a new device should ever give a consumer.

For every person out there, I recommend skipping ALL Fitbit devices and get a tracker that actually works. Save yourself the time, money, and frustration of dealing with a company that clearly has no idea how to support/program their devices and will never stop from running you in circles until they decide it's your fault and not theirs that their HORRIBLE products don't work.

Sincerely,

An extremely unhappy former Fitbit user.

Best Answer

I have tried three or four times and keep getting "error"  My HR is fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to turn off and delete all other BT devices and my finally paired.

Good luck.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my message is that I cannot set up my fitbit because the tracker is not found

Best Answer
0 Votes