Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arm discomfort

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve been wearing a Fitbit device for at least 4 years and about 6 months ago upgraded to a charge 4 which I wear day and night, however not long after moving up from the charge 3 to the 4 I started experiencing pains in my wrist, inner elbow and shoulder.  
At first is was mild discomfort but it got worse and worse to the point that at times the pain was quite severe.  
lit never occurred to me that the cause was the Fitbit until I checked online.

3 days ago I took the device off and within 24 hours the spasms had stopped and so far have not returned. 
I’d encourage anyone experiencing these symptoms to ditch your device for good. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 4. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. Have a nice day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I would think switching arms would be a good test, given that you could still stop right away if you started getting pain in the other arm.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is interesting ive been experiencing really bad pins and needles in the arm i wear the watch on is this the cause

Moderator edit: format.

Best Answer
Perhaps. All I can say is that almost immediately after taking the charge 4 off my wrist, all symptoms stopped and haven’t come back.
Best Answer

For the same reasons, I hardly ever wear it at night, and my symptoms disappeared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had a similar experience. I upgraded to a Charge 5 earlier this year and started having pins and needles in my arm within a few months. Mostly at night. It progressively was getting worse. I took my band off on Saturday and I haven’t experienced the numbness. My arm is still a bit sore, mostly at the wrist. I am on the forum to see if there is a way to utilize the watch without having it check in on heart rate, etc. Essentially I would just use as a watch and pedometer. If the issue is from the watch I am hoping there is no long term side effect. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like you had a very similar experience to me.
In my case it took months for the spasms to pretty well stop, although I would occasionally feel wrist pain - more so at night (in bed)
However - just last week I charged up my Fitbit and gave it another try only to find, almost immediately the wrist pain returning.
Needless to say the Fitbit is back in its box and I won’t wear one ever again.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! Did you try turning off the heart rate monitor? I’m wondering if the continuous probing is causing the issue. I love the pedometer and the sleep observation but could do without the sleep if the HR monitor is the issue. Thanks for responding!!

Pam Wilson
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 4. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes