Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning Evening Naps to the Appropriate Day

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'd like to make a process improvement suggestion.  Instead of automatically assigning a nap to the day it took place, let us have an option of which day it should be assigned to.

For example, I got home late yesterday, and fell asleep in the living room at 9 PM. i then woke up 45 minutes later and dealt with several things before going to bed just over an hour later.  The nap is identified as having taken place on Thursday, and my Fitbit says that I slept far less than normal Thursday-Friday night.  However, that late nap was actually part of my overnight sleep.

It would be nice if we could set a time of the day after which any sleep counts for the subsequent day or a way that we could knock sleep to the previous or subsequent day if it was really part of that sleep cycle.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hey @abossy, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me see if I understood, so you'd like that Fitbit has an option in which, if you take a nap, this can be assigned to a specific day, right? If so, let me suggest you to go to our Feature Suggestions board and post this request there so other users can take a look at it and leave their votes and comments, and also, our team can also review for a future application. 

Let me know if you have further questions or comments! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue frequently where my early sleep from the night before is counted for the day before. I keep changing my sleep schedule to earlier hoping that would help. When I go to sleep at 8 or 9 at night it should count for the next day. Apparently if there is a block without sleep after that and prior to midnight then it counts that on the previous day. We should be able to edit the day it counts. The good news is the weekly average is still okay.

I also have issues with the fitbit leaving out a block of sleep for several hours in the middle of the night. I wake up a lot during the night, walk around, eat, switch rooms where I am sleeping. Every night is an adventure. Probably my fault. I don't know what the fix is for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes