Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Draining: Charge 3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I know this is a constant from Fitbit users, and now it's hit me, so I'll pose the question.  As of about 3 days ago (January 2), my Fitbit Charge 3 started having extremely fast battery drain.  I took screen shots and times. Examples:  Fitbit showing a charge of 72% at 11:14pm, and by 8:35am the next morning, entirely drained.  Fitbit showing a charge of 70% at 9:07am, and by 8:44pm showing a charge of 6% on the same day.

NOTHING has changed in my usage or charging of Fitbit.  It began losing a charge more quickly (i.e charge lasting about 3 days vs 5) once I installed the new IOS 14.2 on my iPhone, but that was still acceptable.  I downloaded the "bug fixes and performance improvements" update from Fitbit 2 days ago and that didn't do anything.

I've:

- Restarted the device

- Removed all notifications (note: Notifications were on the same setting from the time I bought the device until 3 days ago, and there was never a previous fast drain)

- Restarted Bluetooth

I admit to being suspicious of both the recent Fitbit "update" as well as the notifications in-app about the special deals to buy a new Fitbit. Probably a "coincidence" ...

The Fitbit is currently useless to me.  It can't stay on all night (even when charged up before bed) because it loses all power and so doesn't  retain info about sleep.  If charged in the morning, it's close to empty by the time of a late afternoon or early evening workout.  

Right now it's an ugly piece of black plastic that isn't functional. 

Is there a real fix for this battery draining issue?

Other details:

On the info about the device it shows:

Version 20001.88.11

Battery full

Clock face: Asymmetrical clock (Clock details: May 5, 2020)

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Tntgal Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Sorry to hear about this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit Charge 3 also got this problem last night...Battery was showing 55% remaining last night... and it was empty this morning... I am trying to charge it for more then an hour now... still showing 2% charged....

Please find a fix for this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Charge 3 starting having this issue right before Christmas..Battery showing 56% in the morning at 8am and by 11am it was dead. This happened multiple days.  Please find a fix.  This watch is not that old.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charged the fitbit to 100%... earlier this morning... check the first screen shot... (IMG_8190) 97% @ 11:35 AM PST... then I checked now... its out of battery.... was lucky enough to take second screen shot (IMG_8192)... 15% battery left @ 2:33 PM PST...

oh, i don't permission to upload the images...

what's wrong with Charge3? very bad quality... been using Fitbit products for 6-7 years.. never had this experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes