Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bicycle vs Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 3.  Chose Bike as my activity, watched it connect, finished the ride of 7.39 miles, saw the map on My Dashboard at Fitbit, but it added activity minutes and calories but not mileage nor steps. Is that "by design"?

Does competing with a friend mean that we have to also agree on the specific activity somehow?

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

@Rich_Laue Missed the 'programming part.'  I think you meant 1970's and not 1070.  But really, you're next comment say the last one was in 1988?  Hope you stopped using the punch cards by then.  And yes, I am positive that it was your Basic Routines that told IBM to dump a mainframe.  Congrats that the software made it all the way to an article on NYT Business section.

See, Spreadsheet?  And Google at that) that just means that it is totally possible and able to be automated.

I'll go back to my current programming now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue  The comments in the first lnk alone talk heavily about people wanting a choice to include or not.  I see that you are in there commenting also. You also see many people attempting workarounds Even in the 'remove steps" you see people talking about having a choice to please "everyone" and not just "one user"

Best Answer
0 Votes

But what does Google have to do with Fitbit and how would they be able to "fix it"

Out of the millions of trsckers sold and seeing that almost 1300 people want Track Cycling on Mobile App with GPS  I would expect more votes to the above suggestions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

LOL..What does Google have to do with it?

It's Now Clear: Fitbit Is in Serious Trouble Without Google

Best Answer
0 Votes

In what way is Fitbit in trouble, BTW the DOJ is for from approving the merger, and both Canada and Europe have question's they want answered. 

As pointed out only a very very small percentage are concearned with steps during a bike ride and they can't agree in what they want. Until the users know what they want, or even if they want it, their is no reason for Fitbit to be con earned about adding an unwanted feature. 

Yes the last time I saw punch cards was in the early 70's. In the late 80's we got a 300 Meg drive that took 2 days to format. Up to this drive, we had 13 inch platters with 10 Meg on them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you read the article?  A lot of work for "only one user"?  It's clear, from your examples, that the users want a CHOICE.  The article seems to explain the problems of Fitbit and answers your question on its own.  But some dogs may not want to learn new tricks or concepts.   State of the art examples such as the 300 (Meg just dates you BTW) drive along with the mention of platters is killing me.  I was there also, but decided to keep myself up to date along the way. 
Sorry I interrupted your paradigm of what can be measured in the New World that may be more than you want to measure.  Again, users seem to want a CHOICE.  More information is better for those engaging in a high level of exercise. Anything over 10,000, maybe (and even some below that). Some athletes really do want to break down their exercise routine to a 'nano' level so they can be healthier all around.  Enjoy your Easter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only mention them as platters because that is what they where called it basically was a record made out of metal and you would pull the platter out and put a different. Platter in. It was similar to changing a record. 

From the 2 feature suggestions with barely any posts, it is very clear that users don't care about steps during cycling. Some of the suggestions have had 40-50 individual suggest you've with several thousand votes in less than two months after the release of the tracker. 

As for the "one user", read the context, your the one user I was referring to. Since their are no other threads on this subject, further proof that the average user doesn't care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still wonder why you are so against the idea. Go back to your platters (yes I knew what they were. You are not the only old person here.  You're just the one that doesn't realize it) and your very large number average steps.  That does give you license to give advice. I live by trying to find innovation and improvements rather than accept "that's the way it's always been done!".  Happy Easter (before I meant in the year 2020)  I am now wondering if it should be Happy Easter 1954.  Also, sorry I hit that nerve.  More data is better than less, no matter how old you are, Oh and the context that was prevalent in your suggested posts was "let the consumer decide".  You know that thing that encourages non-monopolistic progress.  Enjoy your "Platters album"  oops I mean "the Platters" you had to pull out so many years ago,  

Best Answer
0 Votes

You still don't get it. For one. This conversation is in the xo Northrop section. Where the community of Fitbit users try and help each other. 

We have a Feature Suggestion board where users can make their thoughts known to the developers. 

I've simply pointed out that no-one seems to be concearned about steps during cycling since the threads have no activity. 

I remember when NJ received the very first area code 201 and we could now directly call long distance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody I may a bit late coming to this part but a simple solution is place your fitbit arround your ankle,if ankle to big just place your sock over it or i use a sweatband. It registers as it would on your wrist. WOULD BE EASY FOR FITBIT TO DEVELOP A STRAP FOR THIS USE. TRANFERABLE. 

Best Answer
0 Votes