Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie counter color wrong

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

No matter how many calories I’ve logged or how many calories I’ve burned, my calorie bar stays blue, even if I’ve logged more calories than I’ve burned. I’ve reset my phone and Fitbit charge 4, and logged out of my fit bit account, and it’s still the same. Any idea how to fix this?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Emily1999. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for the details provided and for every step tried prior to posting. Just to confirm, do you refer to the calories tile at the top of the Fitbit app? If that's correct, please note this tile will show the total of calories burned during your activities plus the basal metabolic rate (BMR). This tile will only show a blue color indicating how close you're to reach your daily goal.

On the other hand, in the food tile you'll be able to see how many calories you eat versus your estimated calories burned. Below you'll see a circle that will show a comparison between your calories in and out in different colors so you can better understand how you're doing throughout the day. To learn more about how to track food in the Fitbit app, see this help article.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too - always blue, never turns green or red even when I am over in calories in.  This happened with my Ionic and now my Sense, so I think it this the app having issues! Will this bug be fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KrisNak-22. It's good to see you around the forums.

I understand how important it's to see your correct data and thanks for the details provided. Just to confirm, do you refer to the calories that appear on the Today screen of the Fitbit app? This screen will show the total of calories burned during your activities plus the basal metabolic rate (BMR). That's why, it's expected to see only only color which indicates how close you're of your goal.

However, if you're referring to the calories graph in the food tile not changing colors, may I know if you're regularly logging food? Also, is the Fitbit app updated? If you've not done so, check this help article to learn more about the food tile.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer

5E8A92C9-11B5-4820-9AAB-3A0A1BBEC3AC.pngI am referring to the app - see Wednesday, I am clearly over my calorie intake - the bar is still blue, when it used to turn red when I was over and green when I am in the perfect zone! Why does it not change colors any longer? This is frustrating, 

Best Answer

Hi @KrisNak-22. It's good to see you again.

Thanks for clarifying that you refer to the food tile in the Fitbit app, and for the screenshot. As you may know, the graph details and colors will change depending of the food plan you've set in your account. According to the screenshot, it seems you're burning more calories than you consume. This is the reason why the graph continues saying you're under instead or in the zone or over, since you've not surpassed the amount of calories burned.

If you'd like to change your food plan, please follow the instructions described in this help article. You can also take a look to this thread which provides clear details about how the Fitbit food plan works.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is it no longer based on the amount of calories burned? I mean the amount of calories i eat a day depend on my activity of the day. Why should i set a goal that is the same for everyday?

Best Answer
0 Votes