Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I increase the intensity of the silent alarm?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have just bought a new Charge2 and the silent alarm is nowhere  near as strong as the Charge Hr  that I have been using is there any way to increase the intensity of the silent alarm as it is not strong enough to wake me up ,Thanks in advance for any help

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@merson would you like me to move your Alta HR question out of the Charge 2 board and into the Alta HR board?

Best Answer

Oh, yes please, I'm very new to this. I purchased my Alta HR only 2 days ago. Thank you very much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue - As you seem to have (or have had) nearly all the Fitbit models - how would rate them against each other - best to worst - in terms of their silent alarm strength?  That would really help users who need this feature to work effectively. 

Best Answer

I might be unable to answer that, I have no problems with any of the alarms during the day while awake. If your asking about using the alarm to wake me up, that is not going to happen, in fact the phone ringer often will not wake me and I have that set for the loudest I can fine.

So no Fitbit is strong enough to wake me, if that is what your asking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue.  That wasn't the question - I don't want to know how deeply you sleep - the question is how do the different models rate in strength of the silent alarm.  I have a Charge HR - which is strong enough to wake me up 100% of the time.  The Charge 2 strength is much lower and would never wake me up so it went back. At the time tech support said this was because the same vibration motor is used but the Charge 2 has a greater mass and therefore doesn't move as much. If the different models all use the same vibration motor then the efficiency of the silent alarm will decrease with the weight of the device - however that would just be poor design.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your question was about alarm streangth not about if the alarm would wake you up, @doctorpgh. I took a guess that you really wanted to know which device would wake you up. My answer was to explain why I'm not qualified to answe what I believed your in take question was about.

For me every Fitbit I have had a strong enough vibration for my needs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The silent alarm on my new altta hr is terrible I don’t even notice it when I’m awake. I have had Alta for years and even got my husband to start using his tracker as an alarm they are great, neither of us are awakened by the others alarm. My old alta always woke me no problem. This new Alta hr haas never even stirred me I am going to have to start using an alarm that will wake my husband I am so disappointed. I may even have to switch to the tracker brand he uses, which is not fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem on my new Luxe. May have to switch back to Charge4 for sleeping. Very disappointing.

Best Answer
Yeah, I’m on my third Fitbit, and none vibrate as well as my first one. It’s a problem.

Warren
wleiden@gmail.com
415-672-9600
Best Answer
0 Votes