Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add a second Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I want to add a second charge 2 that I received as a gift to my Fitbit account.  I will use one for exercise and the other I will wear with a nicer band when I go out.  But Fitbit only allows me to replace my charge 2 and not add a new one.  How can I do this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pogofit

Fitbit used to only allow us one device per account, so being able to have several of different styles on a single account is nice.

You can do what you want, but it takes a bit of effort. Sync the Charge 2 you're wearing and put it out of range of the one you wish to use. Set it up as a replacement device on an existing account. Wear it, step around with it and then sync it. After syncing, move it out of range and swap to the other Charge 2, using the same directions as above.

It does mean more work on your part, but this is the only way to use two devices of the same style on one account.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @pogofit

Fitbit used to only allow us one device per account, so being able to have several of different styles on a single account is nice.

You can do what you want, but it takes a bit of effort. Sync the Charge 2 you're wearing and put it out of range of the one you wish to use. Set it up as a replacement device on an existing account. Wear it, step around with it and then sync it. After syncing, move it out of range and swap to the other Charge 2, using the same directions as above.

It does mean more work on your part, but this is the only way to use two devices of the same style on one account.

Best Answer
Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my question. I am really
looking for a seamless solution.
Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the forums @pogofit, welcome! Woman Very Happy As @Odyssey13 mentioned at the beginning of her post, you can have one of each device model paired to your Fitbit account. For more information about how to make the most of multiple Fitbit devices, see our article: Can I use more than one Fitbit device with the same account?

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@pogofit  there is no seamless solution, but a workaround, which has worked for many others over the years.

Since you just got the Charge 2 for your birthday, is it possible to exchange it for a different style? The Alta HR is similar, but slightly smaller in size.

Best Answer

I guess I am wondering the same and if this has changed or if there is any new info for this topic. Yes I understand I can have different types of fitbits on an account, but the reason I bought a second Charge2 is because I like the way it works, and also I don't want to buy more chargers. I keep a charger by my bed, in the living room, in my truck, and at work. I got a second fitbit charge 2 as I bought my wife the charge3 for Xmas and thought I could use hers as a backup. Keep one on the charger and swap when one dies so I don't miss a beat. If anybody knows if this will ever change please update. Otherwise I will get rid of one of them. It is nice there is a trick to get it to work but I don't want to have to do that every 4-6 days. Thanks,

Best Answer

@RyanVDHIt has not changed and I doubt very much it will.

You might want to exchange one of them for the Charge 3. Its similar to the 2. I actually like it better.

Then you can have 2 on the same account

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes