Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Firmware update fix

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since our responses get lost and honestly Everyone is just freaking out right now. I would like to tell you what worked for me.

It took 3 tries for my update to install. I found out later it would have installed faster had I plugged into my computer. I did end up removing my device from Bluetooth and then reconnecting it. It did take again 3 tries.

I initially had major problems. Steps will disappearing, my device was very warm like it was overheating, I had to charge 3 times in one day, etc. I keep hearing how you could reboot your device but I didn't understand why I couldn't get it to work.

I did the following.

1) Remove from Bluetooth (not disconnect, remove)

2) Logout of fitbit app. Then I deleted the app and reinstalled the app. ( DO NOT LOG IN)

3) charge your device.

4) reboot your device. Make sure you are actually holding the button on till it reboots. This was my mistake.

5) connect your device to Bluetooth. Remember you have to follow the instructions of adding a new device. (Make sure it's discoverable, etc)

6) login to the app

This is what solved the issue for my device and my mom's device.

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@Dtherrian,  thank you for telling us what has worked for you. I hope it continues to operate OK. 

On another note if this is the fix people need how come fitbit didn't find it or at least acknowledge that there are problems with this firmware update? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Whether you choose to try it or not is your choice. I can only tell you
what has worked for me and since it's been 3 days now since I have had to
charge my fitbit.. I'd say it's working.

Either way you can try it and have it work or not. Your device is not my
issue.. It's yours. As for me I am very happy with my device and I'm glad
it's working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, too. My HR tracking is working again! thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the last firmware update on the Charge 2- the app constantly displays "Looking for Device" and never finds it even when the phone and fitbit are inches apart.

Reboot FB many times - same issue over and over again

Best Answer
0 Votes

My question here is when you uninstalled and reinstalled the Fitbit app were you able to keep your past data (steps walked, time slept, etc.)?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My suggestion would be to Reboot your phone.  Then in pretty sure there was something that had to be done to get the device to be discoverable look into that and then make sure you have tried the steps. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Because I logged out first. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's awesome. I'm so glad I could help. I think people are being a little irrational right now. I even had the moderator delete my posts complaining before I fixed it. Most of these steps are common sense when using a new update. I am so happy my fix worked for you though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to make sure that you logout prior to removing but yes it didn't
effect my previous steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this with my device and unfortunately it did not work. I think the problem for me though is that my device won't fully charge. It will claim that it is fully charged after about 10 minutes when there is obviously no way it can charge that quickly from having no charge or very little charge and then it won't charge any further. Then when I do the reset it will show that it is indeed on a very low charge and no matter how many times I repeat the cycle I can never get the actual charge level to be above a very low charge. While I've read other people say that the battery will drain quickly, so far I haven't read about anyone else having issues with the charging process like I have had since the firmware update. So this method probably isn't going to work for me if I were to try it again but it might work for someone else that isn't having the same issues of getting their device to charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to follow the instructions in the exact order and charge AFTER you
reboot. Then it will fully charge. Mine wouldn't either until I did a
device reboot. YOU MUST HOLD IT FOR THE 8 SECONDS or its not actually
rebooting.

I had to do all these things at least twice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried these steps several times. No change.

Best Answer

Shame -I was hopeful but followed all the steps carefully and it's now draining even quicker 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure what to tell you then. Did you actually delete and reinstall the fitbit app? Trying rebooting your phone and checking it. If it appears to be losing a charge that fast. I'm pretty sure your device not actually charge or the app just thinks so. Are you rebooting the device when it's plugged into the charger that's what I did

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for your reply. I did what your original post suggested, step by step. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to resolve the issue. I will persevere though as I feel lost without it! Thanks for taking the time to post your original message 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm sorry it didn't work. I actually had to reboot mine again this weekend
because it was acting funny. If I have to do it again. I just may do a full
reset. I was on my back for almost 8 Mos this year after major back surgery
so I wouldn't be losing much. Time will tell. Good luck on your quest. I
honestly think it might be an app issue not a device issue
Best Answer

Hi, just to update you...I tried your steps again and it worked! For 24 hours 😞 Unfortunately it is now worse than ever, and the battery went from 25% charged to empty in less than 10 seconds. I have now stopped trying. Fitbit have not replied to a message I sent on the Charge 2 Forum, and I have had no joy contacting them directly. It's quite disappointing as I have always used Fitbit products, have recommended them to friends, and bought one for my son. I've ordered a replacement today from another manufacturer. I appreciate your comments and support though 🙂 

Best Answer

Have you managed to solve this issue somehow? Please tell me what you did to fix this issue if you found a solution. I've been having the same problem with my Charge 2 and its driving me nuts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, I gave up and threw my Charge 2 in the bin. I’ll never buy a FitBit product again. They were completely responsible for this but instead of engaging with their customers and accepting fault, they chose to shut down discussions on these forums and ignore the outcry. The most appalling example of ‘customer service’ I’ve encountered in 50 years 🙄 I’m over the moon with my Apple Watch 👍🏻

Best Answer