Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Screen Color Variations: White & Blueish Green

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

We have two Fitbit Charge 2 devices. Everything works great, all except my wife's device has a different screen color. We ordered from Amazon, and thinking this was a defect, ordered a replacement. The new device came in the same factory sealed packaging and looks the same in screen color.

I spoke with customer service, and they informed me the two devices she received had a different screen manufacturer. My serial number starts with 164216A and hers 16416BA. The screen on my device is brilliant, bright white. Hers is more of a blueish/green.

My question: is this information from customer service correct, and should we accept the possible earlier version of the Charge 2? I'd like the think the device on the left has better screen quality.

Attached are photos of the differences. Mine is on the left.

Thanks,
Dustin

01.jpg02.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello my friend @dmatl, hope you're doing good! I cannot say if the information that customer support said is correct or not, but you did the correct in contacting them about this. 

I just compared my buddy to my sister's and the light is not exactly the same, it seems that one is brighter than the another one, but we are good with that. 

Thanks for sharing those pictures, let's see if other users have noticed that. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi have you found an answer to the colour variations.. ? my wife and I both bought a charge 2 and have the same  differences, hers is white and mine a cheap blueish and isn't as sharp looking as the brilliant white 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Superdad wrote:

Hi have you found an answer to the colour variations.. ? my wife and I both bought a charge 2 and have the same  differences, hers is white and mine a cheap blueish and isn't as sharp looking as the brilliant white 

The answer I received from support: it's a different screen manufacturer. No resolution was ever provided, but I think you could probably return what you have, and try to get the version of the screen you want. Take a look at the serial numbers on the boxes. Try to get a serial as close to the one with the white screen. We returned the bluish one to Amazon twice to get the same screen version again. I would go into a physical store to compare serial numbers. That's all I can suggest since Fitbit isn't offering compensation or exchange for this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for the quick response buddy, the serial number I've got is 163057A I think that's similar to your bluish one? I did buy in a store " currys" so I'll take it back and see if I can swap, only had it 24hrs so don't see that being an issue with returns 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Charge 2 from Amazon. It had some issues, so Fitbit sent me a replacement from their warehouse. But the replacement had a PINK screen. I've gone round and round with them, and they insist it isn't a known issue, and said they couldn't see a problem when looking at the photo. They finally agreed to take it back, but I pay shipping, and they won't agree to replace it until they receive the faulty one. FullSizeRender.jpg

Best Answer

I just received a replacement tracker, the original tracker did not hold a charge and was still in warranty,   The screen display is ponk

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the club! They aren't doing anything about it. They told me to send mine back. After reading about others' experience, I expressed concern, and my desire to get one that is NOT pink. They insisted I send it back, saying they wanted to deal with the issue. (BS) Well, they sent me another pink one. It just felt like a huge FU. They deny it is a problem. I'd recommend just getting used to it, and not bothering with the hassle and cost of the return. It was a huge pain in the neck and did me no good. The customer support has diminished as the company has grown. Having been with them since the beginning, bought several, and given several as gifts, it is disheartening. 

Best Answer

Yep, my replacement came pink-ish (and dimmer) and it's a clear difference, I held it side by side with my old one. The old one is a much brighter and whiter display but it kept crashing, and the replacement's display is disappointing. And based on this thread, a replacement for my replacement would also be pink, I'd waste shipping costs, and they would deny everything, so I'm just going to look for another fitness tracker brand for my next buy. Two strikes is enough for me, buggy original and crappy display replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yup. Wondering what a good replacement will be when the time comes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay guys, i got my charge 3 raplacement today. My husband says i'm seeing things but i'm sure my replacement came with a greenish/blueish screen also it is dim. My old fitbit battery broke after couple of months but it stays on for half a day so i can hold them side by side. But this new replacement blue screen feels more responsive to touch. Well maybe dimmer screen will help the battery last longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes