Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Won't Sync To Android Phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought the Fitbit Charge 2 the other day. Downloaded the Fitbit app from the Play Store and proceeded to create an account. When it came time to sync my Charge 2 it wouldn't. A message would pop up saying "Can't find your tracker. If you see this message for the first time, press "Cancel" and try again. If you continue receiving this message, press "Restart Bluetooth" to turn Bluetooth off and on." A message like "Please update your application to continue" would appear as well. I tried updating the app and even tried updating the android software as well, but this is all I can do--there is no more updates. I can sync the Charge 2 with my laptop, but I don't carry my laptop with me all day. I would like to be able to use the Fitbit app and have everything synced. Does anyone know how to help me please?

The Fitbit app is Version 2.15.1

My Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3

The Android Version is 4.1.2

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RosaSaysRawrr Thanks for stopping by! Like @fairyhedgehog other bt devices may interfere with the syncing process but the key is what @LZeeW said, your phone needs to run Android 4.3 to be able to access the latest app version and this app will include the option to setup and sync your Charge 2, since your phone's software is outdated you won't be able to do this. I still think you can try to sync your tracker but definitely can't promise it will work or work without issues. The app should help you see your data and log food or exercises. 

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

If you have your laptop on with Bluetooth on I think it may interfere with syncing your phone. It might be worth turning off Bluetooth on your laptop and seeing if that helps.

Best Answer

@RosaSaysRawrr  On the Fitbit Supported Devices Help page, it says you need Android 4.3 or newer.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@RosaSaysRawrr Thanks for stopping by! Like @fairyhedgehog other bt devices may interfere with the syncing process but the key is what @LZeeW said, your phone needs to run Android 4.3 to be able to access the latest app version and this app will include the option to setup and sync your Charge 2, since your phone's software is outdated you won't be able to do this. I still think you can try to sync your tracker but definitely can't promise it will work or work without issues. The app should help you see your data and log food or exercises. 

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem except my Galaxy S4 Android phone is running version 5.0.1.  I can sync to my laptop after some initial difficulties, but not to the phone. I had a Charge HR and just bought a Charge 2.  Tell me I didn't make a mistake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung s4 running version 5.0.1. Used to sync just fine but not anymore. I've restarted the Charge HR 2, turned Bluetooth on and off, I'm not near any other Bluetooth device, and I've cleared cache on Fitbit app.

What else can I do? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you get android 4.3

Best Answer
0 Votes