Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep insights not working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blaze and my sleep insights are working and I love this feature BUT my boyfriend has a Charge 2 and they are not showing for him, though he has the new update and the sleep insights option is marked as open.  This topic was previously posted and then supposedly "solved" though it's obviously not resolved for many. I need to know if this is a bug that Fitbit is aware of and is fixing or if it's a device flaw. It's a great feature and it needs to be working for everyone. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner @BocaKatKat @TenacoiusTom I hope you're doing well! I would like to clarify that sleep insights are different from sleep stages. Sleep insights are suggestions on how to improve your sleep but sleep stages are an analysis of said stages during your nights sleep (how much time you where in REM, Light or Deep sleep). Sleep stages aren't available yet for Charge 2 users but some received them ahead of the official release. You can check more information in this post but rest assured that all Charge 2 users will get Sleep stages.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I have the new Charge and had the sleep insights for about a week and now they reverted to the old version! I loved knowing how much REM and deep sleep I had each night and then checking it against my average and against the benchmark of people my age!!!  Please fix it!!!!  Thanks

Best Answer

I'm  seeing the same thing. I have the Blaze and it's working while my wife has the Charge 2 and it's not. App and device are up to date. Sleep Insights is enabled in the settings. But it's not working. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi, my sleep insights were restored Saturday night.  They must have done an update.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @BocaKatKat @TenacoiusTom I hope you're doing well! I would like to clarify that sleep insights are different from sleep stages. Sleep insights are suggestions on how to improve your sleep but sleep stages are an analysis of said stages during your nights sleep (how much time you where in REM, Light or Deep sleep). Sleep stages aren't available yet for Charge 2 users but some received them ahead of the official release. You can check more information in this post but rest assured that all Charge 2 users will get Sleep stages.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

My Charge 2 dashboard used to display the specific hours and minutes that I was restless or awake. Now it just shows bars of different widths to indicate sleep, restless and awake.  There was also an insight as to sleep efficiency.  Both these are now gone.  Will they be made available again?

Best Answer

Man this sux i have new hr and i dont see sleeping Insights even tho its turn on. If i don't see it next week im switching to other product and goodbuy fitbit.

Best Answer

Total failure on communication. Very sad how Fitbit is handling this. I work for a technology company and know if Sleep stages is being rolled out they have a pacing model to roll this out and can at the very least provide timelines on how long they anticipate it will take. Saying "just be patient, you'll get sleep stages soon" is not an acceptable answer!

Best Answer

+1 

It is no wonder fitbit stock is doing so badly.  (unfortunately, I am a stock holder who currently has a huge loss on paper - it's stuff like this that makes me believe I'll never recover).  First I bought the alta HR - can't see the dang thing outside.  In searching i have found many many others have had same issue.

So I returned it for the charge 2, but now I find out the charge 2 doesn't track the sleep stages yet (rem/light/deep) like I was lead to believe it would by now.   I know it will get to my charge 2 eventually, but that's not the point.  

Honestly, I don't believe all the facts we are getting on why it hasn't been rolled out to all of the charge 2s yet - I believe it is to bolster the alta hr sales first.

PS: My charge 2 firmware is the most current as is my android fitbit app.

PSS: If fitbit was really concerned about customer service, and if what they were telling us was true, they would have at least provided a mechanism for those posting in these forums a way to add it.

Starting to think I should just cut my losses with their stock and dump it because I am starting to think it will never bounce back.  The alta HR in my opinion wasn't that major of a product - basically just adding HR to the alta - sure, I guess it opens up a bit more of the consumers (ladies wanting HR but in a smaller width), but I certainly not revolutionary (it doesn't even have all of the same features as the charge 2 ) - yeah, I know it was suppose to be a technological marvel to get an HR in that small of a package - but regular folks don't care about that.

Sorry, I digressed, but my recent experience with fitbit - between the alta hr and now the charge 2 not having the rem/light/deep sleep stages yet has me frustrated.

That being said, I will say that so far I do like my charge 2 - there are a couple of things I would like to request though - this would bring my satisfaction of the charge 2 (sleep stages not withstanding) from an 8 to a 10.

1) option to set the number of seconds the screen stays on

2) more options for me to set the screen that shows when I lift my wrist - currently they ALL have the time - I would like one that shows JUST the heart rate (or any of the other items that I could choose) as big as it can be.

Best Answer

@briansantell im sorry, did you have a question about sleep insights? Or just gijacking the thread?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, yes, was looking for the date when fitbit expects ALL charge 2's to have sleep stages.  The only word I hear is 'soon', but they have been saying that for few weeks now.  Just wondering if they intend to have all charge 2's updated by end of april? mid may?  just something a bit more concrete than 'soon'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit: You still have not answered why sleep insights are not working!

Best Answer

Just an update on sleep stages:

It has been working on my Charge 2 now for several days in a row.  It is better than ever.  With a mouse-over, it shows the amounts of time for each sleep session through the night. It also shows the time of the night each stage occurred.  It shows I have plenty of work ahead to start getting sufficient REM and Deep sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After having received sleep data for several weeks, last night I receive no sleep data at all. Why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm curious why I didn't get record of sleep insight every night? It seems like I got sleep insight a few days and sleep stage for another a few days. Is there any problem with my device or app that I should fix it on my own?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a charge 2 and my app showed Sleep Insights for a very short time and then Sleep Insights disappeared. I checked the settings and Sleep Insights are turned on. I also make sure to keep my app updated. However I'm not able to get Sleep Insights feature to work again. It is a great feature and I enjoyed the sleep insights very much. I even recommended my friends to use this feature. I'm really disappointed now that the feature is not working on my app anymore. Could this issue be resolved ?

Best Answer

I'm having same issue. According to fit bit I haven't slept in 2 days!!!

Best Answer

Help me, my Fitbit updated. I used to get all my sleep so accurately it was unbelievable I started recommending it and now it says I haven't slept in 2 days!!

Best Answer
I agree. My sleep stages were recorded a couple days in a row. But out of
the last eleven times, fitbit only recorded sleep stages twice. It's
disappointing.
Best Answer

My post yesterday was with regard to the Sleep Insights and NOT Sleep Stages. My Sleep Stages are working fine. If your Sleep Stages are not working you could try updating your app. You should go to the Play Store on your phone & update the Fitbit App from there (not only the firmware update from within the Fitbit App). After that restart the phone as well. Hope all of you not getting the Sleep Stages will have better luck after the app update.

Best Answer