Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 alarm not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed today that my alarm won’t sync on my Charge 2. My Fitbit will otherwise sync, but it is not syncing the alarms. I can change times of the alarm in the app, but I am unable to turn the alarm on and it just says not synced yet. Anybody else have this happen? Any ideas on how to get the alarms to sync?

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the time taken in sharing your feedback. I'm happy to let you know our team has released a fix for this issue and should be available to all our members. Please make sure your tracker is syncing correctly and for more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

Don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists as this will help me to investigate and continue helping you.

Best Answer

The update has worked for me.  Thank you 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Lulubella_m.

I´m glad to hear that your alarms are working now and that you´re back on track. 

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
I can now sync my alarms but I have one that I can’t delete
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that you can't delete one alarm @Jujubee66.

Have you followed advised steps by Lizzy?

I'll be waiting for your response.

Best Answer

Thank you, I can toggle alarms on/off now which is great. But I’m also still having the issue when you create a new alarm it makes a duplicate alarm for the same time that you can’t toggle and says “not synced yet” and won’t let me delete this either. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that you get duplicate alarms when you create a new one @SouthpawK1101.

Please turn your phone off and then it turn it on again. Check if you have a new update for the Fitbit app. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I still have alarms in the Fitbit app that are not able to be deleted, all with the green toggle in a light color. I am using the current version of the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank for getting back to us and for reporting this @briansweet

Let me share our team is actively working on a sync improvement to help ensure that Silent Alarm Syncing is more robust for all our members.

I apologize for the duplicate alarms issues you're encountering. Our team is investigating this issue and is also working on a manual work-around to delete the duplicate alarms coming this month.

Your feedback is appreciated and in the meantime, please make sure to keep your Fitbit device syncing so the rest of your details can stay updated on the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Hello,

Still having the duplicating issue after turning off the phone (and also had a phone update). App is up to date as well but deleted it and reinstalled it just in case. And as others mentioned you cannot delete the duplicate.  But sounds like it’s happening to others too and being addressed at the moment. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your continued reports and feedback. For the ones still having issues with duplicate silent alarms, let me recommend the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 2 > Silent Alarms.
  2. Tap on a duplicate alarm (the one shown with a status of "Not Synced Yet"), and then tap on Delete Alarm.
  3. Wait for the status to stop updating and the "Not Synced Yet" message to disappear.
  4. Go back to the previous screen, scroll down and tap on Sync Now. Wait for Syncing to complete.
  5. Tap on Silent Alarms to confirm the duplicate alarm are deleted.

Please repeat this step for each of the duplicate or unwanted alarms with a "Not Synced Yet" message and keep me posted on the outcome.

Best Answer

Hello,

Thank you, and yes this is what I’ve been doing to delete the duplicate alarms, the temporary workaround does work.
It’s still not working as it normally has in the past, and wanted to make sure it’s being addressed until fixed. Thanks again!

Best Answer

Hi there, @SouthpawK1101.

Thanks for getting back and trying the steps suggested above. While I'm glad you were able to remove the duplicate alarms, I'm sorry you've had this experience. Our team keeps working to improve our products and features, and the feedback shared by our members helps us to make that happen. Have a good one!

Best Answer

I am also having this problem which is a big disappointment and means I have to set alarms on phone or other to make sure

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still having issues and I cant delete alarms already on there 

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for your continued reports. I wanted to let you know that our team released the Fitbit app 3.77 version which brings a fix for issues experienced with the alarms. This update should be available for all our members, so please make sure to install it on your phone. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

We appreciate your patience and we'll keep working to Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After updating to 3.77 I still have the phantom alarms that cannot be deleted. I rebooted both the Fitbit and my phone. 

60C33AC4-A8FE-43C7-B926-DFABA9C1CA8F.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @briansweet.

Thanks for the screenshots and the steps tried on your own. I understand you've already some steps, but please give a try to the following in the given order:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  2. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Inspire 2 > Silent Alarms.
  3. Tap on a duplicate or unwanted alarm (they might have a "Not Synced Yet" status).
  4. Then tap on Delete Alarm, accept the confirmation and wait for the status to stop updating (going around in a circle) and the "Not Synced Yet" message disappears.
  5. Repeat these steps for each of the duplicate alarms.
  6. Then, tap the back arrow (top left) to return to the previous screen, scroll down and tap on Sync Now. Wait until it has synced.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit 

Thank you for continuing to try and resolve this!

I went through the steps, but the ghost alarms are not able to be selected/tapped. No where on the line of the alarm (toggle switch, text, white space) does a tap respond, or a long press. None of them had a “Not Synced Yet” status.

Best Answer

@briansweet. It's good to see you again.

You're welcome, thanks to you for trying the steps suggested above. I'm sorry the issue persists with the Fitbit app and to look into this, let me know the model and OS version of your phone.

Additionally, and as last resort, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app. Then reboot your phone and try deleting the duplicate alarms one more time.

Best Answer