Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band breaking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2 Which I have had for almost a year.  I am on my 4th band, They keep breaking on the plastic piece that attaches to the fitbit itself.  I am not sure if this is still under warranty as I am either over a year or close to it, however, if this keeps happening, I can't afford to continue to replace the band every 3-4 months if even that long.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90
The smart thing to do would be to go back to their design department and tell them to fix the problem. Then the issue of replacement bands would be nonexistent!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

On the positive side the Customer service team is both helpful and efficient in replacing bands under warranty.  I don't think it is a quality control issue.  I have had the band on my device break twice in 10 months.  I think there is a problem but that is in the design of band.  People have worn watches for years, they don't fall off their wrists, and the bands can be easily changed.  

Sometimes doing the right thing is not easy because it means admitting a mistake was made.  

Best Answer

Colour Me Fitbit Bullsh*t Belt Lucky, too!  I have also replaced the standard belt 4x's.  Having read the many, many, MANY other Fitbit Members that share this 'Belt Debacle' and the less than enthusiastic response  by Fitbit, I'm disappointed to say the least.  

I'm far from RICHLY so repeatedly  purchasing the piece of crap belt that is sold with the product out of fear that it will soon fall from my wrist and I CAN'T find it or it breaks, worries me to death.  Crappy belt aside, I LOVE THE WATCH,! However, my problem with the belts have now progressed! It won't even SNAP in place  now!   So, it looks like I have to use TAPE to secure the belt and begin looking at other brands now. Such a drag, all my logs, etc., have  been invaluable to me when I see my bariatric physician.  She refers to the different logs to determine if I am still on target... Well, a stupid Fitbit belt and a crummy Fitbit Executives aren't going to deter me from getting healthy, fit  and strong.  I do hope the improve there customer service.  They KNOW that particular belt is garbage, "Expected to last years" - Ha! What? ON A SHELF IN THE UNOPENED BOX? I bet even THEN it'll break! Hahaha!!! Well, ALOHA 'OE  Fitbit...

Best Answer

I totally agree. Although I am only on my second band, it slips off my wrist as soon as I start excercising!

Best Answer

How are you wearing the Fitbit in the shower only one is water proof

Best Answer
0 Votes

Those of you with replaced bands are  inconvenienced. My watch fell off with a band i kept reattaching and now is lost. Farewell Fitbit--iwatch in my future, maybe

Best Answer
0 Votes
I will never buy another fit bit, the iwatch is in my future.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have had the same thing happen with the bands easily breaking. I have even tried to be extra careful when putting it on and taking it off. Cheaply made but expensive to buy bands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I'm not buying a replacement--just lost $150 due to shoddy design
and workmanship. The bit doesn't fit. My cell will have to do.
Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to mail it too them, thanks a lot fit bit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I lost mine when the band came off. I should mail a photo pf my wrist
without the watch.
Best Answer
I just called Fitbit and have sent them a video. I will be calling them back soon. I will let you know what happens.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

The WORST Customer Experience EVER. Treated like a criminal

Best Answer
There has to be another company besides fitbit and Apple that can make a
watch that doesn't fall apart and doesn't cost so much and provides basic
functions. I'm looking for that. Customer relations are down on the list of
priorities of these companies if dissatified customers buy replacement
watches. Good luck.
Best Answer

Clearly there is enough information to indicate that the strap is a problem.  When i got mine the rep actaully told me they were out of stock because so many people needed replacement bands.  I think the lack of attention says more about the company's focus - profit first then customer - than any action they may or may not take.  

Best Answer
You got it. They need to change the connectors for the bands--that will
cost them and I'm not buying a fitbit again.
Best Answer

I took a closer look at the part of the band that attaches to the Charge 2 watch - it is bad design. My Fitbit is just about a year old and I have used it for only 6 months. The customer service cares nothing about your dissatisfaction. They are already done with that and are not going to go back to address the root cause. Won't recommend this product

Best Answer

Why give up so easily?, I’ve had 2 sets of straps and a new unit.

Simply explain to customer services that their Fitbit Charge 2 product “Is not fit for purpose”

You’ll have to jump through various hoops, pictures with hand written identifying numbers and even a video to demonstrate the failed strap locking system. I’m not surprised Fitbit make it difficult to get an exchange, they see an exchange as a cost rather than as a benefit stopping a customer moving to another brand.

The Charge 3 will have a new integral strap.

Best Answer
Fitbit replaced my lost watch for free after the band broke

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try emailing the top dog of fitbit and see where it goes that's wa hat I'm going to do..

Best Answer
0 Votes