Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band separating constantly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a problem with my Charge 2 band falling off on the non-buckle side. Support replaced first the band and when that didn’t work they replaced the whole thing. Now just a few mere months later here we are again. It is now out of warranty less than a month and yes they are going to replace the band again which I’m not sure will work. I have read in one entry where it was suggested to check the teeny screw in the end of the band. Did that, it didn’t move and it didn’t help. From the looks of all the posts i see with the same problem, this is a major design flaw. I love my Fitbit. I wear it everyday. They are too expensive to not last more than a few months. Is there someone from Fitbit out there working on this issue? If so please give me a status on it because I am only about 3 months away from the next breakdown! I’m horribly disappointed in how these hold up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same problem with my Charge 2 band after only a few months' gentle use.  The first time it happened, my device actually fell into a cooler full of ice and I didn't find it until the ice had melted.  I had (I thought) looked everywhere and assumed it was lost until my vacation was over and the cooler was drained. 

This is not a solution to the problem of a flawed design, but I ended up ordering a metal mesh band that has a magnetic closure from (ahem) America's largest online marketplace.  It works really well and has never once detached.  It is mystifying to me that there are so many issues with these relatively-expensive devices and the company just won't listen and make some simple but needed improvements. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I had the same problem with my Charge 2 band after only a few months' gentle use.  The first time it happened, my device actually fell into a cooler full of ice and I didn't find it until the ice had melted.  I had (I thought) looked everywhere and assumed it was lost until my vacation was over and the cooler was drained. 

This is not a solution to the problem of a flawed design, but I ended up ordering a metal mesh band that has a magnetic closure from (ahem) America's largest online marketplace.  It works really well and has never once detached.  It is mystifying to me that there are so many issues with these relatively-expensive devices and the company just won't listen and make some simple but needed improvements. 

Best Answer

Yes. I've got the same problem. Fitted it back on many times but this morning a piece of plastic fell off and now I'm doomed.  Disappointed as these are not cheap and expect the quality to be better. Have yet to contact Fitbit about this and remain hopeful. Watch this space.......

Best Answer

My band is constantly falling off. I have replaced a different style for this one for the same reason. I am afraid of losing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My buckle side kept popping off every time I took off my coat, or when slight pressure was applied to the side.  I looked at the band and there is a little chunk of plastic missing behind the clasp, I guess that's what was causing it.  I've had mine for almost a year, just bought a leather band online for 12 bucks, works great.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Amazingly enough I really didn’t accept your post as a solution and every time I try to take it off I get an error. I’ll probably have to post again when the next band comes off or just doesn’t work at all like the last time. It does amaze me that they aren’t or don’t seem to be offering to look into the problem. I started with Fitbit when they were first starting. I wish as they grew that they had continued to listen to their customers!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a chunk of plastic missing also. How would the new band work. Doesn’t it close p in the same way?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 bands SUCK - I have been a customer since 2013 and have had 5 separate Fitbit devices  - including 2 Charge 2 devises -  Do not buy Fitbit until they get their QA process to avoid these  issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree on the issue of the bands. I love my charge but their bands that come with it are awful! They replaced mine 3 times in less than a year. The third time I was told there would be no more replacement since I was obviously wearing the band too tight and causing it to fail. My fault they said. I don’t wear it tight, more like a bracelet. I bought a $12 metal band off Amazon and have had no issues whatsoever. Thanks for acknowledging your problems Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2 band:  I have had 3.  It is a miracle I have not lost it.  I do not recommend anyone purchase a fitbit.  Get an Apple or Garmen.  Have used the Garmen many years - I am now 70 and using fitness watches over 40 years; NONE have failed like the fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes