Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge2 battery issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Battery lasting 2 to 3 days, claims to fully charge in about 30 minutes when completely dead and unable to power on. It it time to replace or is there a reset option that might help? I get 5k steps a day or less, have 2 silent alarms. It use to last more than a week between charges! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hey @techieshane, welcome aboard! So in other words, your Charge 2 isn't turning on, right? If so, let me suggest you to restart it by following these instructions: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You'll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker's display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable. 

If the screen turns on, then take a look at the tips in this post to make the battery of your Charge 2 last longer. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

actually no ... what it is ding is this:

works fine for 2 to 3 days then I get a notice on the device that the battery is low. Sometimes with the ability to check status and it flashes the battery, sometimes it will only show the battery empty with ! symbol, and occasionally it is just totally dead. So I plug it in to charge and in anywhare from 30 to 40 minutes it says it is fully charged. It will then work for 2 to 3 more days.

I have turned off all the standard stuff. No notifications, all day synch, blah blah stuff that would wear down the battery faster. I typically get less than 5000 steps in a day and only have 2 silent alarms M-f, 1 on weekends.

It use to take an hour or more to fully charge and would then run for a week or more.

Last night I tried resetting it when I plugged it in to charge. The battery went from 3/4 full to less than half full when it rebooted. I let it charge to full again. Again I rebooted it and it went from full to 3/4 full. I left it to charge.

Today, with no alarms and so far under 1000 steps it is down to 95% full in a little over 6 hours.

I'm wondering if this is a symptom of a battery dying on me and the device needs to be replaced or if there is something I have missed with an update or way to reset it that might help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have restarted several times and it continues to climb stairs, sometimes by the hundreds.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' great! 

@techieshane, I appreciate the time you have taken to try to fix this issue with the battery of your Charge 2 , since it isn't lasting as expected. Because of this inconvenience, I urge you to take a look at your inbox so you can get further assistance.

@bartwig, if your device measures floors, it detects floors using an altimeter,  Though your device is designed to look for pressure changes based on elevation gains, pressure changes due to other causes—such as a gust of wind, a weather change, or opening a door—can occasionally cause your device to register extra floors. Another factor is floor height. Your device registers one floor when you’ve gone up about ten feet, which is the average between residential and commercial floor heights.

So I'd like you to take that into consideration if you see that your Charge 2 is tracking too many floors. However, if this isn't the case, beside restarting your device, please set it up as a new device. Wear it for a few days and let me know how it goes! 

Keep me posted guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed your restart instructions 3x so far but it s still buzzing aka vibrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes