Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting too many floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

new charge 2 is counting ridiculous number of floors that were not climbed. Should be 8, showing 63. Is there an adjustment that can be made somewhere. Old charge hr was very accurate.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Hey @Lms1428, it is cool to see new members around! Smiley Very Happy Let me ask you a couple of things, how is the weather where you are? Is it windy? I'm asking because the Fitbit that track floors have an altimeter which is the mechanism that records them, and they detect the changes in the atmospheric pressure and that is how the detect your floors, so if there is a windy environment, that will be tracked as floors. Also, if for example you are running or walking uphill, your tracker is gonna record floors. Something that is also very common, is that some users leave their trackers close to a fan for example for all night long and that will cause the Charge 2 to track floors that you actually didn't climb. So I'd like you to take into consideration all of those factors at the moment you see your floors tracked. If none of them apply, I'd suggest you to perform a restart of your Charge 2. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Tried restarting charge 2 three times, nothing changed. I get up in the morning, walk down the hall about 12 feet and it records 3 to 5 floors. Today I spent most of the day in my kitchen canning tomatoes and it is showing 68 floors. I haven't done any of the things you listed, have a bum knee right now so don't do any more walking than I have to.   I think I should return the Charge 2.  Never had any issues with my Charge HR.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me @Lms1428! Let me suggest you something else, try to set up your Charge 2 as a new device again by following these instructions: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Use your tracker for a few days and let me know if still tracking extra floors. 

Best Answer
ok will do. Thank you.
Best Answer

Sounds cool @Lms1428! Let me know how it goes! And if you have further questions, keep me posted. 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
I tried registering a couple times, also tried the restart and re-register together. Seemed to help some but I'm not making as many steps as when I first got the Charge 2. Possibly the more steps, the more floors. Any more ideas? Or do I need to return? Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lms1428! Something that could be affecting the altimeter on your tracker and of course the floors recorded, is the cleaning of it. So please take a look at the following tips to clean your tracker: 

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device to ensure they stay bronze or gold in color. To do so:
    1. Use a toothpick or a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol.
    2. Make sure not to scrape the contacts with a wire brush or anything metal, since this can damage the plating and cause corrosion.
    3. If you use a toothbrush, dry with a cloth or tissue before charging.
  • Clean the pins on your charging cable. To do so:
    1. Soak a cotton swab with alcohol and press the swab to the pins carefully.
    2. Make sure that no debris from the swab is left behind.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I have reset it several times ,restarted my phone , uninstalled it everything I can think of , it won’t sync still . It just sits and spins 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Trish49, it is nice to see new faces around! If your Charge 2 doesn't seem to be syncing with your iOS device, then I suggest you to try to follow these instructions to make it work: 

- Turn OFF the Bluetooth on your phone 

- Reboot your phone

- Log out and log in to your Fitbit account

- Turn ON the Bluetooth on your phone

- Restart your Charge 2 

Let me know if that works! 😉 

Best Answer
Thanks but tried that several times. I returned unit and got a replacement. Replacement works fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Lms1428, I appreciate you have taken the time to try to fix this and to return it. Sounds pretty great that the replacement is working fine. Thanks for the update my friend! 

If you have further questions, let me know! 🙂 

Best Answer

My Charge 2 needs time corrected.  However, anyone trying to help assumes I have a smart phone, which I do NOT.  My fitbit is working "off of" my husband's smart phone, since he is near enough for that.  Any recommendations so at have assumed. I'm beginning to long for the good old days with a winder and moving hands to reset time 

Thanks

Delhmor

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello HeyDyFitbit 

I've followed your instructions but they fail at the power up screen. 

The tracker does not show any lights at all even when I tap it. 

It was fully charged before I tried  to restart it so I'm assuming that is still its status but it is impossible to tell from the tracker itself.

If I plug it into power supply all the lights flash simultaneously 

if I continue  the onscreen process it just show some searching.  

What else is there to do please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Frustrating!  I can not sync my new FITBIT Charge 2.  I have followed Instructions, and it is still not happening.  I can not find the account icon on my Dashboard!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @RosaBelle5! I was about to create a support case on you behalf, but I just saw that you have been in touch with our Support Team. Please keep a lookout in your inbox, someone will be in contact with you soon! Woman Very Happy 

Welcome to the Community Forums @APMN! Are you still having syncing issues? Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

Depending your phone, these tips might make syncing easier:

• Turn on the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app. This setting improves the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Fitbit device. Note that turning on this feature may cause the battery on your Fitbit device to drain more quickly than normal.
  • Turn on All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app. This setting prompts your Fitbit device to periodically sync with the Fitbit app but may shorten battery life on your phone or Fitbit device.

If your Fitbit device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit and then reopen the Fitbit app.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it
  5. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device won't sync after you reinstall the app, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync. 
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your phone and try to sync.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

That didn’t work for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @muldoonmay, welcome aboard! Let me ask you this, are you having syncing issues with your Charge 2 or is it counting too many floors? Or both? Let me know so I can help you out better! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having charging issues. Then the counting floors started. I used rubbing alcohol to clean the back and restarted it again but still too many floors. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @muldoonmay! Thanks for trying some tips to fix this issue with your Charge 2 tracking so many floors. Let me ask you this, by any chance have you left your Fitbit close to a fan? I'm asking because the altimeter on the Charge 2 is sensor that calculates altitude based on atmospheric pressure. Though your device is designed to look for pressure changes based on elevation gains, pressure changes due to other causes—such as a gust of wind, a weather change, or opening a door—can occasionally cause your device to register extra floors. So please keep that in mind but if the issue persists, let me know. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes