Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 battery issues.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I'm having the same problem. The Fitbit charge 2 ran out of battery on Thursday morning. I charged it from Thursday lunchtime through to Friday afternoon. I put it on my wrist on Friday afternoon and went for a long walk, it's not recorded any steps at all. The screen doesn't light up to show the time when i flick my wrist as usual. When i press the button I on the side  screen changes are really reallllly slow. The device isn't responding when I tap the screen. The green lights on the back are flashing at about half the speed they usually do. The device is fully charged and I've updated the app. The device hasn't been wet. I've restarted it 5 times and that hasn't resolved the issue. Any ideas or suggestions? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JakiWatt, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums, for having shared your experience with us and for also like to thank you for letting us know you've already restarted your Charge 2. I have moved your post from the Charge board to the Charge 2 board to keep our Forums organized. 

At this moment, I would like to suggest you to set up your tracker as a new device to reset the connection with your phone and to remove any glitches affecting your tracker. Don't worry, none of the information already stored in your account will be deleted. 

To set up your tracker as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  3. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  4. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  5. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I tried the above and it still doesn't work. It keeps searching but not locating Charge 2. For some reason when I charged it the other day, the charge didn't hold. My time is stuck to this morning when battery died. I restarted phone, bluetooth and deleted the Charge 2 that was connected with it to re -do. Still nada.  Help!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.  It started about four days ago, and I can not find any solution either.  The suggestion provided does not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes