Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 display completely black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. My charge 2 display is completely black.  It is fully charged and I already did a hard reset.  The green lights are still flashing, it vibrates and it syncs just fine to my phone- but absolutely no display.  Any one experience this know what I should do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

Hello @MegDon17, welcome aboard. Let me help you out with your Charge 2.

First, I would like to appreciate your time and efforts troubleshooting this matter prior posting. I'd like to let you know that our Support team informed me that they already assisted you with this situation. I suggest you to contact them if you have questions about their resolution, I'm sure that they'll be glad to give you more information and details. 

Don't hesitate to ask any additional questions you may have. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like the problem I’m having is not unique.  My Fitbit Charge 2 worked fine yesterday but the screen stopped displaying overnight. It collects information and will sync but the display is blank. All Fitbit will do is offer a discount on another one. I don’t think so. I had a Force, two Charges and a Charge 2. They don’t hold up. I’m done with them. 

Best Answer

Hello @CuteDaddy3 let me first give you a warm welcome to our Community, I'm happy to look into this for you.

Upon further investigating I was informed by our Support team that they already provided you with assistance regarding your Charge 2 display difficulties. Therefore, if you have any additional questions about their conclusion, I recommend you to contact them back for more information and details. Also, for any inquiry about our warranty policies you can check: Return Policy and Warranty.

I'll be here, let me know if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is well looked after I have screen protectors on i

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 is well looked after. I also have screen protectors on it. I charged it yesterday I put it on in the afternoon and it was working all day. when I have woken up this morning the screen will not work. There must have been an update or something on them which has caused all the screens to short out. What are Fitbit willing to do? 

Best Answer

Welcome to our Community @Stripypixe, let me check this situation for you.

Let me share with you that our latest Charge 2 firmware update was released on September 18th, 2017. That said, for me to better assist you with this situation, can you please let me know if the heart rate green lights of your device are still flashing or if you noticed that your Fitbit synced recently? Also, I recommend you to perform a restart to refresh your device performance. 

I'll be here looking to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your interest. The device was working perfectly. The green
lights blinked and it was actively syncing. I could walk around and watch
it increment my steps. But nothing appears on the screen. Completely black.

Suggestions.
Best Answer
Green lights are still flashing and it is syncing to my phone. I also
recently did a hard reset with no change.
Best Answer

I seem to be having same problem. Fit bit charged. Green lights flashing. Device is syncing to phone ap. Black display.

Best Answer

Green lights are flashing. Its registering my movement and heart rate and syncing with my phone but the screen is black. 

I have performed a restart and this didn't work. It worked when I went to bed and didnt when I woke up. 

Thanks 

Best Answer

I am having same issue. 3 resets isn't bringing the screen back. 24 hours in a bag with desiccant didn't help. Other than not being able to read the screen, it's working just fine! Now I can wear it at night without the glaring lights waking my husband.

I won't be replacing it even though they finally made a clip style again. I miss wearing my pretty watches.

I'm following to see if there's a real solution.

Best Answer
Ditto. Everything was working perfectly when I went to bed but blank in the
morning. I noticed the problem when I attached the charger and the screen
did not light up.
Best Answer

Well, at least it still works! It might be good for something.  (I'm trying to convince myself.  🙂  )

Best Answer

LOL! find it odd so many people are having the same issue. wonder how many more who haven't found this forum are experiencing this too? 

Best Answer

Sadly mine is sat on the fireplace and I have an oldskool one on.... 15568162038825394446128346431611.jpg

Best Answer

Now it won't hold charge😳

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! Welcome aboard @Lkh921. I'm happy to see you posting again in our Community @MarTeeNez and I appreciate your replies @CuteDaddy3 @MegDon17 and @Stripypixe, I'm glad to be here assisting you. My apologies for the delay in responding. 

@CuteDaddy3 You're welcome, it's always a pleasure to assist. As it turns out, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public Community Forums, therefore, I suggest you to contact our Support team again regarding this situation as they already provided you with assistance and options. 

@MegDon17 I would like to share with you that our Support team notified me about your situation and advised that they already provided you with assistance. I recommend you to contact them for more information and details about their conclusion and the information that was given. Same for you guys @Lkh921 @Stripypixe @MarTeeNez Customer Support informed me that they provided assistance as well. 

I'll be around. Let me know if you have additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am appalled at the level of service from Fitbit. Yes I did speak to service... no I didnt get an adequate response. I asked for a manager call back and I'm still waiting. I WONT be buying into the Fitbit brand again as it's a lot of money to loose over night when you have done nothing to it.  I would expect this from a cheaper brand but not a more premium brand like Fitbit. Very very disappointing when so clearly it's a common fault. I wouldn't expect this from an oldskool watch that cost the same price so I don't understand why I'm supposed to expect it from this one. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit Charge2, went blank overnight.  I fully charged it, once charged I noticed that one green light wasn’t on.  It also would not sync.  I find it odd that so many people have the type of problem from the same date.

Best Answer