Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 factory reset

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I would like to factory set my charge 2 HR and start again  but if I erase all my data can I still set it up on my old account using the same email address.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Reshape   I saw that you posted in the Charge 2 forum (there is a Charge HR and a Charge 2, but no Charge 2 HR) but your tracker doesn't have a factory reset option.  You data is synced to your Fitbit account.  Even if you had a device that has a factory reset, that action only resets the device and doesn't delete old data from your account.  To the best of my knowledge, the only way to delete all you data at once is to delete your account.  But you wrote that you want to use the same email address.  But it can take 30-90 days to completely delete your account.  Help article  Fitbit says that most accounts will only need 30 days, but you've been a member for years.  You won't be able to use your current email until the deletion is complete.

There is a way to delete some data from your account.  Tap on your profile picture on your mobile app > Account Settings > Delete data > you must delete things one metric at a time.  The way I read it, this method doesn't delete any badges.

I hope this helps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you're in the Charge 2 settings, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select Remove this Charge 2 from your account. Once you've removed the device, it's no longer paired or synced with your Fitbit app, and this resets your Charge 2 to its original factory condition.

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes