Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 heart rate readings too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Walked 200 metres and my heart rate was 170 peak. Now on train standing and heart rate is 145  cardio (I am standing still). I am a fit slim guy with a resting heart rate under 60 bpm. Charge 2 was rarely an issue. This Charge 3 is constantly incorrect. Great to get points on AIA Vitality for basically doing nothing though.... 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

@japansuki Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is not recording your heart rate accurately. From your Tracker please go to Settings > Heart rate and follow these steps:

- Turn the heart rate off

- Restart your Tracker

- Turn the heart rate back on

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I have the same issue... my heart rate with the Charge 2 was around 60-65 bpm resting. With the Charge 3, it's around 70bpm. And I can be driving in the car, and look at my fitbit and it says my heart rate is 110bpm, i'm sitting down and driving. I can take my own heart rate and it's about 60bpm. 

Just doesn't give me any faith in the product to be honest. This also affects my cardio fitness score.. annoying... i think i'll just have to take the fitbit off when i drive!!

Best Answer

@MrsBee74 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

In addition to the instructions provided above, to improve the accuracy of the heart rate readings, we recommend following these steps

If you have any question or are still getting inaccurate heart rate readings, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Samen issue. Sittin on my bench and heartrate 154. 

Best Answer

same issue for me; tried resets; gave up and accepted "You get what you pay for."

Best Answer

How do you get to settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karin555 @KDD125 Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry for the delay in my response.

@Karin555 Before contacting Customer Support for further assistance, you can perform a long restart which is a bit different than the regular restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

@KDD125 You can find the Settings if you tap the screen of your Fitbit Charge 3 and slide to the left. For more information about how to navigate your Fitbit device's screen, please visit this article.

9.jpg

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It required WAY more than that, including a couple of restarts. The
problem is that "settings" are very hard to get into on my model. I
compared the rate with a different device, and FITBIT is way too high.
Sorry, but I have to blame the Fitbit.
Best Answer

I am having similar issues.  I look down at my Fitbit and my heart rate is 110, I take it manually and it's only 65.  Every since I went to Charge 3, my overall resting heart rate is way higher.  My workout peaks are ridiculously high too at times.

Best Answer

@jog916 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community.

Sorry to hear that your Fitbit Charge 3 is showing high heart rate readings. Thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've performed.

To evaluate this situation, I created a case with Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

@KDD125 Thanks for your feedback.

If you need assistance, please let me know.

Best Answer

Same old bull**ahem** reply, they are just faulty and if I shake my hand fast for 30 seconds my fitbit shows a BPM of 170. Just admit they are restricted in accuracy during exercise although they do a good job when you are not exercising.

Best Answer

Mine was 175 whilst sitting down after an evening stroll during which I’d hit peak. It wouldn’t go down. I’m sat on the couch yawning! After the bpm disappearing the other day and the battery draining at a rapid pace, I’m none too impressed with this charge 3. I’ve only had it 6 months. Has yours gone back to normal now?

Best Answer
Sometimes it does other times it’s crazy, best thing is to ignore it as mine reads ok when I am resting but spikes when I exercise. Taking my pulse manually shows it to be incorrect. Not worth worrying about

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I guess the reason why I bought it was to track my bpm and exercise correctly so that’s why I’m writing about it. Otherwise I wouldn’t wear it or be bothered about it, if you paid for something you want it to do it’s job or find a way to fix it and that doesn’t mean taking my pulse manually. Is there anyone who can help or suggest ways to fix this please? 

Best Answer

Unfortunately:( I sent the watch to service and they changed with new one. And now, after 6 months new one isnt working too. Yesterday it is broken-down.  I will send to service again and buy an apple watch:))

Best Answer
0 Votes

i'm having the exact same issue with my alta hr. walking across my living room it read that i hit 200 bpm and sitting here at my computer typing this it's telling me 103. my resting (per the device) is usually in the low 60s to high 50s. 

Best Answer

SOLVED!  Same issue, I believe it started after a firmware update but I wasn't in my normal routine (I'm building a patio with long days of hard labor so the high HR and calorie burn seemed reasonable).  My normal resting heart rate is around 60 but Fitbit Versa was showing 100-180.  It was the loss of sleep tracking that caused me to realize something was wrong. I tried the suggested fix of turning off the HR monitor, restarting, and turning it on again.  Did this 3 times.  No joy.  But then I:

1. closed the app on my phone,

2. turned off HR monitor on Versa,

3. turned off (not restarted) the Versa and left off for about a minute, then

4. turned on Versa,

5. turned on HR monitor,

6. opened the app and

7. synched with the app.

HR now 59.  Fixed!  Good luck!  Shame on you Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

I also have a fitbit versa.and heart rate in the last three days has doubled.meaning the calories I burn are incorrect. And it's not showing my heart rate in  my stats since Monday 😒

Best Answer
This worked for me:
Synch with the app
Close the app on your phone
Turn off HR tracking on versa
Turn off versa (off, not restart)
Leave off for at least a minute
Turn on versa
Turn on HR tracking
Open app on phone
Synch versa with app

If that doesn't work, do again but open app and synch before restarting HR tracking. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes