Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not receiving text/call notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
For the last week or so my Charge 2 hasn't. When receiving text or call notifications. It syncs data just fine but no notifications. When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open. I've tried restarting my charge 2, force quitting the app, tiring on and off my Bluetooth and restarting my iPhone several times but still not able to open notifications. Any suggestions?
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @Ls1349! I'm glad you shared this, I'm pretty sure your tip will help many other users facing the same trouble with the notifications.

This new feature was implemented in the last firmware version of the Charge 2. What's new also? 

If your Charge 2 displays calls, texts, events, or reminders to move:

• Stepping into a meeting or a yoga class? You can now easily block notifications and reminders whenever you prefer not to be disturbed. From the clock face, just press and hold the button to stop notifications, then repeat when you want to turn them back on. You'll also find a Do Not Disturb menu on your tracker.
  • When you see a notification on your tracker, a plus sign (+) indicator means you have more than one. Remember notifications are only visible for one minute.
  • Callers are now identified as “unknown” if the number doesn’t match a name in your contact list.
  • The sequence for text notifications has changed. Instead of seeing the sender’s name followed by the message, you’ll now see the message first.

Guided breathing exercises? Rest your eyes when using the Relax feature. The on-screen prompts for inhaling and exhaling now include quick vibrations so you can look away or close your eyes during a guided breathing exercise.

Finally a battery meter! Keep an eye on remaining battery life more easily by seeing it right on your tracker. To add this option, open the Fitbit app and tap Account > Charge 2 > Menu Items.

You have a great day too!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
236 REPLIES 236

It's nice to see you around the Community @Melalexa93, hope you're doing great! Woman Wink There's nothing to worry about my friend, you can fix this by following the steps that @wmchapman shares here

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! I had the exact same issue but I have a prepaid phone. I called customer support and the rep had me hold down the button on the side of my fit bit to check if the notifications were on or off and I got annoyed because of course my notifications were on on my app so I assumed they were on,  right? Wrong. I didn't even know that button had that option. Lol must have laid on it funny or who knows. But just in case someone didn't know like I didn't and to save yourself the phone call, here ya go. Hold down that side button for like 2 seconds and it'll vibrate and say notifications and then either off or on. Have a great day! 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Ls1349! I'm glad you shared this, I'm pretty sure your tip will help many other users facing the same trouble with the notifications.

This new feature was implemented in the last firmware version of the Charge 2. What's new also? 

If your Charge 2 displays calls, texts, events, or reminders to move:

• Stepping into a meeting or a yoga class? You can now easily block notifications and reminders whenever you prefer not to be disturbed. From the clock face, just press and hold the button to stop notifications, then repeat when you want to turn them back on. You'll also find a Do Not Disturb menu on your tracker.
  • When you see a notification on your tracker, a plus sign (+) indicator means you have more than one. Remember notifications are only visible for one minute.
  • Callers are now identified as “unknown” if the number doesn’t match a name in your contact list.
  • The sequence for text notifications has changed. Instead of seeing the sender’s name followed by the message, you’ll now see the message first.

Guided breathing exercises? Rest your eyes when using the Relax feature. The on-screen prompts for inhaling and exhaling now include quick vibrations so you can look away or close your eyes during a guided breathing exercise.

Finally a battery meter! Keep an eye on remaining battery life more easily by seeing it right on your tracker. To add this option, open the Fitbit app and tap Account > Charge 2 > Menu Items.

You have a great day too!

Best Answer

THANK YOU for posting this!  Other info I found said to delete the app and start over, etc.  GLAD I found this before I went through all of that!

Best Answer

thanks for posted worked for me after going throught the delete and repair pain.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to down vote this suggestion 

Best Answer

Yay! Woman Very Happy I'm glad to hear you guys found this thread helpful @Terry404 @LP12!

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community, so you can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

You have an amazing week!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Melalexa

did you sort how to receive notifications on your Fitbit Charge 2? All data is syncing ok but I can't get message or call notifications. Thanks

Best Answer

Hey there! Press and hold the button on the side of ur charge 2. It will say notifications on ur screen and then either off or on. If it's off, turn it on and ur problem should be fixed. Hope that helps! 😊 

Best Answer
Worked TY!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!  On my Fitbit screen, notifications says off.  How do I turn it on?  On my app all notifications are switched on.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there! Once u see it saying off, just hold down a bit longer and it
will switch to saying on. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hellooooo there @mvjfmjSmiley Very Happy Did you try @mvjfmj's directions? As you stated, on the clock screen, press and hold the button.

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

I was having the same issue but didn't notice it until yesterday. 

Fixed!

yay!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope that didn't work lol

Best Answer

Hi, I am having the same issue as @Melalexa93 in that "When I go into the app settings to change notifications, I just get a spinning wheel and the notifications screen won't open."

I have tried rebooting everything and login in/out and cannot figure out what changed.  When the Charge2 was first installed I was able to get text messages on it but later that first week I noticed the feature no longer worked.

All apps and firmware are up to date as is the IOS.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

There is the trouble shooting guide in for its help site at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1611/

Also check the phones sound setting, make sure the option to show on lock screen is enable. 

Also u Der the notification settings gs you will fond the option to send a test to the tracker. 

Sorry but saying you tried everything you can think of, tells us nothing and we start at the simplest. 

The setup instructions or at http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979/

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually tried one more thing and I don't think it's in any of the linked pages.  I went to the Bluetooth device list on my iPhone and clicked on the "i" button next to Charge 2 and clicked on "Forget this Device".

After dropping it I paired it again and it worked.

My guess is I paired this with my iPad as well after it initially worked with the phone and doing that conflicts with the original setup.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hey my friend @Timmy1127, how you doing? Smiley Very Happy Have you tried what @Rich_Laue posted here? If so, but your notifications are still not coming through, I'd try what @SunsetRunner did at the end. 

I was about to suggest that until I read what you @SunsetRunner did regarding "Forget this device". Nice way to go let me say! Smiley Wink

Keep in mind that if your iOS device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit tracker might stop syncing or stop receiving call, text, and calendar notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are caused by known iOS and Bluetooth limitations. 

To do the "Forget This Device" procedure, follow these steps:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Have a great day guys!

Best Answer