Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 band coming apart

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Never thought I would be back on the Fitbit forum a second time in 3 days. Yesterday my husband showed me that one side of the band that attaches to the actual tracker has come apart from whatever it is glued to (I'm guessing it is glued, not sure exactly how it is attached) so I had him take off the other band section and it is not like that. Basically when the strap is in place it is gapping open above the tracker. I wish we could upload pictures here. We made sure there was nothing under the band to make it not be in proper place. I am about over the Fitbit's, but he likes them. Just for the money paid for them you would think there would not be this many problems. Anyone else having this issue, yet? His Charge 2 is only about 2 months old, or less.
Best Answer
35 REPLIES 35
I have exactly the same issue and brought mine at the same time. I have emailed fitbit with a photo and am waiting to hear back.
Best Answer

It happened to mine as well. The bands are interchangeable so if support can not help, there is an option to buy one. They are actually on sale today..

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this. I have contacted Fitbit support as it is under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi everyone it's nice to have you in the Fitbit community with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you have issues with the Charge 2 band coming apart.  In this case, please contact customer support to receive further assistance as mentionned by our friend @Kimmie111

Let us know how it goes. 

Carlos M | Modérateur, Fitbit

Fatigué? Astuces pour mieux dormir!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got the same issue as well, so I contacted support a week ago now, as it's still under warranty, and haven't heard back from them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try them again and sent them a photo.  This is what I did, they did reply and asked for a,couple of more things like the purchase receipt .  Thet have replaced the band with no questions asked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  I hace received my replacement band with no problems but, it seems there are others on the forum having problems contacting support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I will, with photo's, etc.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem; contacting customer service now. I've had this fitbit less than 2 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wanted to follow up on this: I contacted Customer Service; they are sending me a replacement. I bought the Charge 2 on Nov 16, so it was only 1 month, 5 days, old! It's a bit discouraging to have to replace these, but I am grateful for the excellent customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you all please post photos of the band falling apart?  I can't believe this is happening on the Charge 2... at least it's replaceable, but still...it shouldn't be falling apart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_0485.JPG

Best Answer

I just came to the forums to see if the new charge was any better put together than the old one. I had a charge HR and the band gradually fell apart. I made the mistake of trying to fix it myself. By the time I could not fix it anymore, it was our of warranty and Fitbit wouldn't do anything but give me a discount coupon on a new one. As I'm unemployed, that doesn't help me. Too bad it looks like a similar issue is happening with the new charge. Just make sure you contact CS as soon as you notice the problem - they'll help you. 

Best Answer

Here are 2 pix of the strap -- for me, it was the plastic on the band that broke, where it connects to the watch itself.

IMG_8925.JPGIMG_8950.JPG

Best Answer

My Charge 2 has the same issue as Kimmie111.  I've contacted support and they say they will replace it, but they want me to send the whole tracker back before they will issue the replacement.  Did anyone else have to send theirs back to get a replacement band?  My correspondence with them has been via email, so I plan to try calling them later today to get clarification.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me too! But I was able to put it back in place. My charge 2 is one month old! I can't believe this is the second time I had problems with my charge 2. What's next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I talked with someone on the phone, and they said that I only had to send the band band back not the tracker and all the accessories (which is different than what the emails said).  However, I still have to send it back and they have to receive it before they issue a replacement.  Seems backwards and not very customer friendly to me.

Best Answer

Maybe they have to be sure it's broken because the straps are changeable. I'm happy with the support, but in one month I needed them almost twice! That gives me not a good feeling about this product that I still love to wear!

You can send them the broken strap.. so you can get a new one in warranty. Otherwise you have to buy it yourself... I understand your frustration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue. After 2 months the strap lifted, I returned it to the shop I purchased it from and they replaced the whole unit for me.

I have a collegue at work who purchased from a different vendor and has the exact same issue.

It seems as though there is a "factory fault" with the Charge 2 Bands?

Charge 2
Best Answer