Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording walks automatically

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 2 not recognizing walks every time. Walked 4 miles today. Fitbit shows last WALK was 10-3?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Wchapmansr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Please check the time you have set to recognize this activity on the tracker's settings area. You can change it from the 15 minutes default to 10 minutes then sync your tracker. After this please restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Also are you carrying anything during your walks? or even pushing something? If you don't swing your arms (ei. carrying something or having the arm extended while walking your dog) this may confuse your tracker as you aren't moving your hand like you would do normally while walking. Still try the restart to see if this helps with this issue.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Wchapmansr Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! Please check the time you have set to recognize this activity on the tracker's settings area. You can change it from the 15 minutes default to 10 minutes then sync your tracker. After this please restart your tracker by doing the following:

Plug the charging cable to your computer or UL certified wall adapter.
Align the contacts of the tracker with the charging cable and plug it in making sure it snaps securely.
Your tracker should start charging.
Press the button for 10 to 12 seconds.
You should see your tracker's firmware version and you can now unplug your tracker.

Also are you carrying anything during your walks? or even pushing something? If you don't swing your arms (ei. carrying something or having the arm extended while walking your dog) this may confuse your tracker as you aren't moving your hand like you would do normally while walking. Still try the restart to see if this helps with this issue.

Let me know how it goes!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
That worked. Lowering time made the difference. Thanks
Best Answer

@Wchapmansr happy to hear that your walks are now being counted! If you have the time feel free to check our Community's discussion area where you can find friends to compete withhealthy meals recipes and tips for your daily activity.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

I have done what you have suggested by plugging the tracker to charge, I’ve pressed the button, the tracker was showing 75% charge, it’s now dumped most of its charge and only showing 15% ??

Best Answer

@Johnc61 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the delay in my response. What issue is your tracker presenting? You only mentioned that you restarted and that the battery level decreased. Some members have commented about this happening after a restart. If your issue is with the battery then please try cleaning the tracker's contacts with a toothpick or toothbrush and finish the process with cotton and rubbing alcohol. After this restart your tracker following the previous instructions and fully charge it. Once it is charged keep an eye on its behavior. If this isn't the issue please let me know more about it so I can better assist you.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m trying this solution but don’t know what you mean by “press the button”.  What bin re yeferrng y?

Best Answer

I’m trying this so,union but don’t know what you mean by”press the button”.  What button are you referring to?

Best Answer

@nmarleau Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for trying the suggestions on this thread. Please let me know what issue you were having and if you were able to restart your tracker. The Charge 2 only has one button so there shouldn't be any difficulties finding it when you wish to restart it. 

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried everything best answer suggested. Did five mile walk today in 90 mins. App shows last walk was yesterday for ten mins. Sick of this. Can't fitbit roll back their last flawed update? It always recorded Walks OK.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. I noticed my walk yesterday missing. When I inputted it manually, it wiped out my steps for the rest of the day. Same thing happened Sunday. Both were lengthy walks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes