Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing properly - help?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Received a Charge 2 today and successfully set it up around midday, have been wearing it since. The device itself seems to be working fine at registering steps, HR, etc.

In my iPhone 6's FitBit app, I'm having trouble getting it to sync properly. I've tried both pulling down on the dashboard, and going into the device screen (on the app) and clicking to sync there. It'll get partway through then stop. The dashboard shows the correct steps, but nothing else (says I have no HR data, no activity in the hourly activity section though it should); it also says last time synced was midday.

I tried closing the app and starting it again. Any other tips? I'm a relative newbie to Fitbit - borrowed a charge HR for a couple weeks to try it out and never had any problems with syncing, but this new tracker just isn't working so far.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Fwiw / I just tried the fix listed on a different board on this site and it worked (so far).

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Can-t-Sync-Tracker/m-p/944512#U944512

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
I just got mine today and I'm having the same issue with an iPhone 6 Plus.
Best Answer
Fwiw / I just tried the fix listed on a different board on this site and it worked (so far).

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Can-t-Sync-Tracker/m-p/944512#U944512
Best Answer
With anything Apple, it often works to turn the phone off and then on again- everything is reset.
Best Answer
It appears I'm having a syncing issue and not receiving my messages text or phone. I have an Alta which worked perfectly with my phone, decided to upgrade which I think might have been a mistake. I've tried all the trouble shooting suggestions and nothing works. I'm open to suggestions by the way I am using a samsung galaxy note 7 which worked great for my Alta.
Best Answer
0 Votes

problems too.  I try to synch and it tells me my unit isnot registered I try to reregister it and it tells me it is already there so I try to resynch and it tells me  the device is not associated with my account

Best Answer
I'm also not receiving text messages or a notice of incoming phone calls due to syncing issues??
Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler

I am frustrated with the fact that I have to set up my Charge 2 each time I want it to switch devices to sync. Is there help coming for this problem? I did not have this problem with my original Charge. I was excited for the new Charge which seemed to fix design flaws from the previous one, but now it has software flaws. It also will not show me calls and texts with my LG G5, although my original Charge would.

Help!

Best Answer

@jennieo Welcome to the Community.

The LG G5 isn't listed as a supported device. This doesn't mean that the Charge 2 won't work with your phone, it just means that we haven't tested compatibility and added it to our list yet. If your phone supports BLE (AKA Bluetooth 4.0) you can give using the app for setup a try!

This can be done by:

1. Open your Android Bluetooth settings and forget any Bluetooth bond between your tracker and phone.

2. Restart your Charge 2.

3. Reboot your phone.

4. Set up notifications on your Charge 2 via the Fitbit App. Click here for instructions.

@Chickenlover I'd recommend steps 1 - 4 if you are still experiencing trouble with not receiving notifications.

Hope this helps you both out!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get mine to charge I just have to reregister it every single time as it tels me that it is not identified with my account which is a big pain in you know where - but it shows the unit on my dashboad\rd--go figure!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 2, new out of the box today, Oct. 2, 2016 and won't charge. It shows the symbol of the phone and web site www.fitbit.com/setup.....Thats all, never the battery symbol showing it's charging

Best Answer
0 Votes

also, it never fibrates when plugging it in...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the Charge HR before and re-registered today after receiving the Charge 2. which app should be used...I have the Samsung 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

Different android phone (Note 7) but decided to try the steps as nothing to loose. My Charge 2 is now syncing with my phone.  

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Every time I go the app back and forth, and to the device, Charge 2, I tried to turn on All Day Sync, but a message appeared, saying "Bluetooth Pairing Required." It also says "my Charge 2 and my iPhone and/or iPad need to be paired before I can use the feature." It seems to me that my notifications are blocked or something. For the message that is mentioned, I could probably sync the stuff by myself.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the Note 7phone has gone. Charge 2 is sincing well with my older Samsung phone but it wont sinc with the dongle that I use for my  other fitbit device.  Is it supossed to be able to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am brand new to fitbit, received on Thursday. Set up fine and it immediately syncs with phone and dashboard. However, at 3:45 p.m. yesterday after almost 24 hours perfect use, I took it off to have a bath and since then it has stopped syncing with the dashboard. Works fine with phone and I get the vibrating reminders etc but dashboard says stuck at 3:45 p.m..I have made sure it is charged and reset (using instructions on this site), iPhone has bluetooth on and confirms it is synced. Any ideas how to jolt the dashboard back into action?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was wondering if the charge 2 will sync with an S7.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes - just changed my phone to an S7 and it works really well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told by Fitbit tech support the reason I'm having problems with my
Charge 2 is because I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and the phone was
too new. Hmmm, my Alta worked perfectly with my 1st Note 7. I'm still
having problems, don't receive text notices but interestingly I've starting
to receive calendar and cell phone notifications. I've recently updated
the Fitbit application then received another notice to upgrade which
doesn't work. I have to return my 2nd Note 7 and will be using a LG V10,
will see how my Charge 2 works .

Florence
Best Answer