Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing with Nokia 8

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are Nokia phones still not on the list of supported devices when they are such a big brand? Y'all need to optimise the app so that I.can use my fitbit with my phone because it is infuriating and inconvenient that it won't even sync to my phone anymore. It used to sync at least. I NEED THIS TO WORK  I need to be able to use my fit bit and have everything successfully stored on my device rather than lost because it won't sync I can't receive notifications from my device through my fitbit either.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@Terrirose99 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! Sorry to hear that your can't sync your tracker with your phone. Your phone doesn't show as compatible but that doesn’t mean it won’t work it just means that it hasn’t been tested by our team. You can try going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Terrirose99, I hope you are doin' fine! So far, there is no Nokia phone on the compatible devices list, and we have no news about compatibility with Fitbit devices any time soon, so if you maybe have another compatible device or a computer, I urge you to use it in the meantime. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had this Fitbit for probably 8 months maybe more and it has never synced properly I have said about it befrore by commenting on someone else’s post. I tried everything before making a post about my experience with the Fitbit app so I thank you for trying to help me but I just think it is ridiculous that there hasn’t been any optimisation or even any attempts at optimising Nokia devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The main issue I have with it is that it is extremely inconvenient for me to have to sync my Fitbit to a device that I do not carry everywhere with me like I do my phone and it would be helpful to actually be able to receive notifications on the go through my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Terrirose99! I know that it is not possible to enjoy all the Charge 2 features when using a non-compatible device, but as I mentioned, I can't tell if this phone model will be compatible and if so, when it is gonna be so in the meantime, I can just ask you to be patient while our team is working on this. 

If you have further questions, let me know! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been 6 months since I originally posted about this problem and it has only gotten worse. It won't connect at all anymore and I have done everything I possibly can to fix that. I reset my permissions and bluetooth settings but nothing works. I am not a happy customer as I have had the fitbit for almost a year but can't really use it effectively.

Will you please do something to fix this problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Terrirose99 thank you for the update.

Which Os version is your phone running? Please be aware that Android users are having issues syncing with Android 9 (Pie), you can check this thread to keep up to date with this. Since the issue persist I have created a ticket so Support can further assist you.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been every update I've gotten in the last year. Just since I got the phone really so I know it isn't the os or my phone specifically it is the fitbit app and the lack of optimisation for any type of Nokia phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes