Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not tracking sleep stages just basic sleep data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charger 2 is not doing the new sleep pattern getting the old sleep pattern is anyone else having problems any idea s have try everything 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Dora bowler
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @bowler58, how are you doin'? In order to receive your Sleep Stages on a consistent basis, there are certain requirements that must be met. Most importantly to have the tracker record Sleep Stages, it is to ensure you are getting enough heart rate variability. 

There are many things that can affect your heart rate pattern on any given night. If the tracker couldn't gather enough heart rate variability data, you will most likely receive the classic sleep log. Also, when your tracker doesn't record Sleep Stages, the app will provide an in-app notification explaining why.

As you may know,  there are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Verify that information and let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @bowler58, how are you doin'? In order to receive your Sleep Stages on a consistent basis, there are certain requirements that must be met. Most importantly to have the tracker record Sleep Stages, it is to ensure you are getting enough heart rate variability. 

There are many things that can affect your heart rate pattern on any given night. If the tracker couldn't gather enough heart rate variability data, you will most likely receive the classic sleep log. Also, when your tracker doesn't record Sleep Stages, the app will provide an in-app notification explaining why.

As you may know,  there are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Verify that information and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello HeydyFitbit

My Charge 2 was sleeptracking well until about 2 weeks ago. I have tried all your suggested tricks and it still only records basic sleep data. What else can you recommend? My fitbit is about 2 years old... is it the end of its life? If so how disappointing .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ESPr, welcome aboard! Thanks for taking the time to try some tips to make your Charge 2 tracks your sleep stages and not only your basic sleep data. Ok, besides that, please do the following: 

- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone

- Restart your Charge 2

- Try wearing your Charge 2 on the other wrist at nights 

Let me know how it goes after a few nights of wearing it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi HeydyFitbit,

Thanks for the tips. 

I already had the latest app.

Wed 23 Jan: I restarted my Charge2 - still only provided basic pattern that night. 

Thu 24 Jan: I restarted again in the morning. Unfortunately it died during the day.😭

I didn't get the chance to try different wrist.😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying what I suggested @ESPr! Give it a try to that other tip that I posted about changing wrists, for a few nights and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As i previously wrote... my fitbit died!  Not functioning anymore.  Only 2 years old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @ESPr! Ok, considering that your Charge 2 still not working, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you, so please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes