Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen going crazy

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 has gone a bit wobbly! Smiley Sad

The screen just cycles from one screen to another. Sometimes it rests at the BPM screen for a while, then it starts to say Notifications ON before showing Notifications OFF and then it goes to something new. The screen stays active like this until the battery is depleted. I recharge it and the same thing happens. 

The button on the side seems to function normally and I have reset the watch with no improvement.

HELP!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Mine is doing the same thing and a reset does not help.  I'm out of the warranty period.  Sounds like the Fitbit has shorter lifetime than I would have liked. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately I can't find my ARGOS Receipt so I'm unable to claim under warranty GRRR! I bought my wife a Charge-2 and I'm guessing hers too will start to have the same problem that so many others are experiencing.

I really enjoyed my Charge 2 while it lasted.

Best Answer
I agree with you. I also enjoyed mine but with sooo many complaints AND no fix I won't be buying another one. Who's to say it won't happen again?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Wouldn't you know it?!  I raised this issue months ago and couldn't find my receipt so I was unable to pursue the matter. Now i have just found the receipt (inside the original box). So annoyed!!!!

And worst of all, i have to buy a Charge-3 for my brothers 60th birthday because that's what he's asked for!!! Feel so let down by FitBit 😞 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! I hope you are doin' fine! @Tamara613 and @Bsgh, did you get a response from our team? If so, let me know what was the outcome. 😉 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Charge 2 from me has also had this problem since today. How is it possible that a € 180 product suddenly causes irreparable problems for so many people? Is something to take into account when you buy a new watch, no more fitbit. Fortunately, you have a statutory 24 months warranty in Europe.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep. I'm being sent a new one, thankfully.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Could a moderator please tell us if it's true that European Buyers get a 2-year warranty on their Fitbits?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Trackers. If you would like to check out the terms of the Fitbit warranty please visit this article.

Please visit the Community at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

FitBit have now offered a replacement FOC. EXCELLENT! 

Best Answer
Last I checked, the UK was still in the EU (the EEA is a wider grouping),
so the limited 2 year warranty should apply until Brexit.
Best Answer

Hey guys, I hope you are having a great day! If you have questions in regards of your warranty, how does it apply depending on your country of residence and date of purchase, you can take a look at this link. As you know, the options may vary. 

If you have further comments, keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

tribute, I have reported my problem with the fitbit charge 2 via https://help.fitbit.com. as an attachment I have sent an MP4 of the screen and a picture of my proof of purchase (20-02-2017). within 2 hours I got a hyperlink where I could request a new one for free. The service is great. 👍👍👍

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @jennieverhagen, thanks for the update! Sounds awesome that our team has helped you out with this and will send you a replacement to get you back on track. 

If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

warranty is warranty that is clear but ...... that fitbit  within 2 hours arranges it (online) is a compliment worth

Best Answer
0 Votes

This solution did not help, what else can I do? 

Best Answer

the only solution is replacement, hopefully within the warranty period.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husbands screen has started to do the exact same thing! 

The screen just cycles from one screen to another. Sometimes it rests at the “BPM” screen for a while, then it starts to say “Notifications ON” before showing “Notifications OFF” and then it goes to something new. The screen stays active like this until the battery is depleted. I recharge it and the same thing happens. 

The button on the side seems to function normally and I have reset the watch numerous times with no improvement...Is this screen issue something that happens after a certain time frame? 

Plus out of the blue his screen cracked! My Fitbit screen has also cracked. This is my second Fitbit that the screen has cracked.  I’m afraid that my screen is going to start acting crazy like my husbands.  We aren’t extra tough on our Fitbit’s either.. if they won’t hold up to normal wear and tear how are they supposed to help us when we are actively doing something? 

I love my fitbit but don’t want to fork out more $$ everytime there’s an issue for replacement. 

Best Answer

Not much of a “solution” 

Best Answer

After creating a case number for our issues, Fitbit has offered a discount for both of our trackers. But paying fo replacement gets kind of Expensive... not sure what we will do now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes