Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen going crazy

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge2 has gone a bit wobbly! Smiley Sad

The screen just cycles from one screen to another. Sometimes it rests at the BPM screen for a while, then it starts to say Notifications ON before showing Notifications OFF and then it goes to something new. The screen stays active like this until the battery is depleted. I recharge it and the same thing happens. 

The button on the side seems to function normally and I have reset the watch with no improvement.

HELP!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

FitBit have now offered a replacement FOC. EXCELLENT! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Tom_McQ! Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your screen on your own, nice way to go!

In order for me to move forward, can you please let me know since when you started noticing this behavior on your Charge 2? Have you changed or made something different recently on your tracker? 

I know you've restarted your device, but please confirm to me if the steps below were attempted correctly in order to perform the restart:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your Charge 2 will begin charging.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for four seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, this means the tracker has restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Looking forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My charge 2 had the exact same problem, I did all the steps above, but nothing changes. Nothing seems to help. Please, give me something that somves this!

Best Answer

Hey there @CarolineDR, thanks for jumping in here and following my tips and recommendations! Since this sounds a bit more serious, I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge HE just started doing the same thing.  It flipped through each screen and now keeps starting and stopping exercises without me pressing anything

Best Answer
0 Votes

it sounds like everyone is having the same or a similar problem as what is being discussed at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Charge-2-screen-keeps-scrolling/m-p/2865635#M170887.

Unfortunately, the only thing support can seemingly do for you is to either offer a replacement or a discount, and they only seem to do this if your device is still under warranty. Support has said that they Fitbit doesn't have a repair center, so there's no way to fix this problem. If you're device is out of warranty, they'll probably provide you with a link where you can buy a new Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 just begin to do the same thing. I'm at work and will retry resetting when I get home.  Seems like the only solution is to purchase a new one🤔😣😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just sitting at the computer and out of no where my fitbit charge 2 strated going crazy. If the advise posted doesn't work there is no way I am going buy a new one. Forget that!

Best Answer

@Tamara613 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about the issues with your Charge 2. Did you try the suggested troubleshoots? Did they worked for your tracker?

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

My charge 2 is doing the same as all these other people the notifications keeps flipping off and on with the vibration.  I have tried everything you all have told me to do.  I got my Fitbit for Christmas 2017 so it hasn’t been a year yet. I’m really lost without it.  It still records my activity but it I can’t stand the vibration all the time.  Please help. 

Best Answer

@Bsgh It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that your tracker is continuously vibrating and for the delay in my response. Thank you for following the suggestions in this thread.  Since these haven't worked I suggest you let our Support team know about the issue. I noticed that you already contacted them so I wanted to know if they were able to help you?

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
They have not contacted me

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
They did help thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tamara613 I haven't created a ticket for you only for @Bsgh. I ask if you have tried the restart and other tips in this thread? Please try them and let me know.

@Bsgh really happy to hear that Support was able to help you! Hopefully you are back on track and reaching your fitness goals.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I talked to a Fitbit support person I was told the only solution after trying to reset, etc. was to purchase a new one which I did. I wasn't happy about it but I had mine for 18 months and it was outside the warranty period.
Best Answer

@LeannaW thank you for the update. Support will try to help you but they are limited by the Warranty period. Still they do try to offer options but it is up to them to see what they may have available for you. Regardless of using a Fitbit or not I do hope you continue your daily efforts to reach your fitness goals.

I'll be around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit has also started to do this today. Very disheartened to hear there's no fix.

Best Answer

@Gengenie It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear about your Charge 2 misbehaving.  I suggest you try the suggestions in this thread before losing hope. If the issue persist please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s what they told me. The funny thing is if I charge it and use it
while I run it still records my activity but it is almost dead by the time
I’m done. Can’t wait to get my new one tomorrow😀
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried everything mentioned, including letting it drain completely before resetting. Unfortunately nothing has worked.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes