Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 screen has cracked

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has had issues with the screen, i woke up and saw mine has a big deep scratch and totally bizarre unknown how! Ive been careful and vigilant of it and most certain hasnt hit or touched anything as its on my wrist and i would have felt it. Ive been told its a weak screen but this is dissapointing only had it 4 weeks. Totally puts me of it now

Best Answer
588 REPLIES 588

@Ragamuffin01 wrote:
Hi
Have you read all the feedback on your forum. I am very surprised that Fitbit have not taken more action to find out why so many people have had the same issue 

Considering that before the Versa the Charge 2 was the most popular Fitbit. 

The very few people in relation to the millions, if not billion of Charge 2 users in the wild. I have to agree with @HeydyF this problem is not common. 

While it is possible that an internal binding may cause a break, considering the screen is glued on, it is unlikely. 

Leaving the Charge 2 in a hot car could possibly cause the screen to release, but no while on the arm. the sun would not cause the screen to crack. 

Now i wish somebody can make a phone that doesn't crack. 

I noticed that there are several companies tyattsell kits, or will replace the screen for you .$50-70. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
Agree in part to your post, however we don’t know how many others have experienced the same issue who haven’t posted on the forum!
I was not aware there was a Community forum until I googled ‘scratched screen’ in an effort to see if it could be replaced.

Sent from Enid's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Dear moderator.  Point well taken.  However, your web page under community forum has 10 pages of people whose Charge 2 screen cracked through no fault of their own.  I woke up from sleeping and mine was cracked.  It is not about a warranty, but rather standing behind your product.  

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

@OTTBMama the Blaze. discontinued, ionic and Versa all have gorilla glass. 

@OTTBMama wrote:

Thanks for responding! Do any of the Fitbit products have gorilla glass or another kind of strengthened glass screen?  I'd really like to stick with Fitbit, but I've lost confidence in the Charge 2, whose functions I really love.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been following this thread for a while and have not contributed much
lately. I initially had problems with my first Charge 2 in 2017. I did
manage to get a free replacement. And that replacement cracked as well -
twice! One horizontal crack and one vertical crack. I am not hard on my
FitBit, don't play any contact sports, don't get it wet. I walk, do yoga,
nothing strenuous. Both of my Charge 2 units seem to show these cracks
after charging. While I understand that you want to keep people who abuse
their units from just getting a new one free, this doesn't appear to be the
case from many who have been on this forum. It's just been from what we
would term "normal use". So I guess if the attitude is that this is mainly
about personal responsibility, fine. I will not purchase another FB unit
once this current one with 2 cracks bites the dust. You have lost me as a
customer. I will put my money into something else with better longevity,
and hopefully better customer service. Adios!
Best Answer

hi my charge 2 has had the same problem , googled it and other people having same problem due to the heat. I've just chatted online with fitbit and are sending me a replacement foc .

hope this helps 

Best Answer

I told them I didn’t want a replacement of something that isn’t fit for purpose!!! As I would most likely be going down the same path again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are one of the lucky ones  

Best Answer
Hi , I chatted online to a lovely lady at Fitbit , who was very helpful , sent some photos and it was sorted there and then , replacement on way , my friend also had the same cracked screen problem and she’s getting a replacement sent out .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
This proves there is a real problem with these Fitbits! If they sorted the issue they would not have to be replacing them.

Sent from Enid's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I forgot to mention, with my second Charge 2,  I did purchase screen protectors for it as recommended.  It still cracked, and twice.  Both cracks were noticed after charging it.  Again, I understand that the company wants to protect itself from fraudulent replacement requests. However, with the the volume of people getting screen cracks from no apparent misuse, and in particular having to happen after charging, I would suggest rethinking the layout and specs of this model.  In the meantime, I'm looking elsewhere for a better investment of time and money.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit environment, customer service, platform and devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

To the members who received the 25% discount option as per our Warranty Policies please know that this is the best option to help you get back on track with the Fitbit family and I'm sure our Customer Support team will be more than glad to help you further with this. I understand you've invested in the Fitbit Family; however, we as any other company have policies to follow through.  While customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we enforce our warranty consistently.   

I'm also glad to see some of you have received a Charge 2 replacement after getting in touch with our Support Team. Don't forget you can set up your tracker on the same account without losing any previous data by selecting the option "set up as a replacement".

If there any questions present, please let me know and I'll be glad to help. Cat Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Until you admit there is a problem with the device that Customers have paid good money for I would not think people would be interested in buying another Fitbit product with your 25% discount policy as this still leaves your Customers 75% worse off.
I shall certainly not be recommending!!!

Sent from Enid's iPhone
Best Answer

I have the same cracked screen issue without doing anything to my Fitbit. It would seem like Fitbit is contradicting itself and only cares about profit rather than customer experience. It has said that it has seen issues with the Charge 2 and the screens cracking, but wont standby and replace defective devices. I have spoken with 3 different people and all 3 have said that the horizontal cracks in my screen aren't covered but they would be happy to have me spend more money to buy a new one at a discount. Why on earth would I want to spend more money on a device that cracked through no fault of my own after only having it a month?! Fitbit has lost my business and I will never recommend it as a device to use again. I would rather do business with a company that stands behind their product.

Best Answer
That’s exactly how I feel too!!!

Sent from Enid's iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same problem and I spoke to 7 reps.  Even wrote to CEO who has not replied.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, over 1 1/2 years of messages reporting cracked screens for the Charge 2. Wish I would have found this page before I purchased my Charge 2. My story is like 98% of the stories on this forum. Screen cracked from no known impact. The initial crack has now spread to 3 cracks. Haven't contacted support and from reading the responses on here it doesn't sound worth it? Instead it sounds like I'll be a Garmin user from now on, but first I'll google "cracked screens":). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was Fitbit, not your boyfriend.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh dear, I wish I’d read this before buying.

i went to bed with a perfect Fitbit and woke up to a cracked screen. 

Not impressed. 

Best Answer

I finally called Fitbit after chatting with multiple people and I got a wonderful lady who helped me out. I did have to send her another picture of my Fitbit but she agreed with me that normal wear and tear should not have caused the cracks that I have and she wasnt able to see anything that looked like an impact either. Fitbit is going to replace my Charge for me. My experience indicates that calling is a better option than trying to chat through the website. Here's hoping my new one does not have the same issues!

Best Answer
0 Votes