Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 stuck on setup screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my fitbit for a little over a year now with no problems but today it suddenly went to the setup screen without reason. It doesn't sync or connect to my phone so I can't try firmware but I've tried restarting it multiple times, unpairing and re-pairing with my phone, logging out of the app, and while keeping it plugged in. What should I do?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @dueckmeister! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 2, nice way to go! 

In order to fix what you're getting on your screen, please try doing the following:

Let me know if this solves your issue, I'll be around if you need me!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @dueckmeister! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience with your Charge 2, nice way to go! 

In order to fix what you're getting on your screen, please try doing the following:

Let me know if this solves your issue, I'll be around if you need me!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've tried all of those things except the firmware- since the fitbit can't connect, it can't update.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem. 

I tried everything you said

Nothing has changed

Best Answer

@Alex2552 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you can't setup your tracker. Which phone are you using? Is it compatible? Do you get any sort of error message? Try using a different phone to setup your tracker also make sure no other bluetooth devices are nearby to avoid interference from them. 

I look forward to your reply!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I use à Samsung Galaxy A5

Everything was fine until yesterday morning (it’s been 2 years since I bought my Fitbit)

I charged it during the night because the battery was low

when I Woke up the in the morning the Fitbit was stuck on the setup image.

it can’t sync anymore .

I also tried with my IPad, my PC and my boyfriend’s cellphone..

thanks for the answer 

Alex 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Alex2552 thank you for the update and sorry for the delay in my response. I suggest you clean the bluetooth connection on your phones by going to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there. Restart your phone and restart your device. After this try syncing them. Also, if you are using an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. Also when setting it up make sure all other phones and bluetooth devices are away so they don't interfere with the process.

Keep me posted!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta HR did the same thing.  I did all the suggested fixes on here and nothing worked so I called the Helpline.  She suggested I tap  on my picture in my account on my phone app and then tap on Set up a Device.  Even though there was a similar "Setup" button on previous screens on my phone when I tried to pair the two, going in through my account instead worked like a charm!

Best Answer

@Bip1949 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am really happy to hear that our Support team was able to help you and thank you so much for sharing what you did to correct this as I am sure it will help other members in the same situation.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re Fitbit is stuck ,  Make sure you’re doing Updates!   I thought I needed to reset my syncs (which was not working!). I logged in App Store and realized I hadn’t Updated !!

So simple!  Do this first!  

Best Answer

I have done all you recommended several times, I've had this for 4 days I'll just return, I shouldn't have all this hassle with a brand new product, furthermore all the thousands of comments with fitbit trouble is not worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem.  I have tried to follow the instructions in this thread, but the watch is stuck on the setup screen, and the App can't synch with it.

Best Answer
So sorry...I don't have that watch any more and sadly I forget what I did to get it off the setup screen. 😩
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DJC92 Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with this and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

@Bip1949 thank you for trying to help.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this too, on my Charge 2.  It worked!!!   Thanks so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I tried all the tips you posted but my fitbit still shows the setup message. What to do?

Best Answer
Sorry! I don't have that watch any more and I forget what I did to get it going!
Best Answer
0 Votes