Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 switching notifications off/on randomly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 is going hay wire... turning notifications on and off all on it own. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

I had this problem with my last fitbit and posted about it here.  Two years ago I purchased another Charge 2 from QVC, but I got an extended warranty with it....3 years for $19.  Now that I am having this problem again and it is no longer covered by the Fitbit warranty, I can get a replacement using the extended warranty.  I really like my Fitbit.  I wish they would last longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I really like my charge 3 which was my replacement for the faulty 2. Highly recommend it
Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 just started doing this out of nowhere too. It’s was stuck on stop eating h turning on and off for a while and now notifications. It continues to vibrate. I tried resetting g and nothing happens. I put on the charger and tried to restart and still nothing. I will try to let the battery fully die and try again but I’m disappointed. This is my second Fitbit device that had an issue in the last 3 years. Maybe time to try a different brand? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same behavior just started with my Charge 2. It began cycling through notifications being turned on and then off continuously. This happened 30 minutes after I lied down in bed, so I know it wasn't an issue with it getting wet or the button sticking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you finding that the fitbit lasts about 2 years and then dies?  I think I've had 2 fitbits in the last 4-5 years.  I would like to be able to get 4-5 years use from them due to the price.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you had other fitbit watches?  Mine has completely died now a couple weeks after these issues.  I want to get another one, but I've purchased 2 over the last 4-5 years and I'd like to get something that lasts longer.  Wanted to know if you've had the same experience.  

By the way, I fixed the wacky notifications and vibrating by resetting and leaving it on the charger overnight.  it was fine the next day.  But it's two weeks later and it completely died.  First the hear rate monitor went and now nothing.....

Best Answer
0 Votes

What has been your experience with the lifespan of a fitbit device?  I fixed the last issue that you had by resetting and leaving on the charger overnight.  But it is 2 weeks later now, the heart rate monitor stopped working yesterday and it completely died today.  I had bought 2 fitbits over the last 4-5 years.  I just feel like I want something that lasts longer than that.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes exactly the same. Agree. Last time I purchased a separate 4 year warranty with square trade online. It was $14.99 and I’ve used it once for a replacement band and once for a new fb. Well worth it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree! Get the warranty plan if it is not too expensive.  I've only gotten about 2 years out of each Fitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had 6 Fitbit’s and half have failed.  My current one has lasted the longest so far. It’s almost 18 months old. Charge 3.  I would still replace it with another 3 as I love the functionality but it is annoying that there are durability issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to the Fitbit community for saving me a lot of time with tech support.  I see that this "dance of death" with the notifications is indeed an indicator that the Charge 2 HR is dying.  I will purchase a warranty with my next tracker.  

Best Answer