Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 syncing difficulties

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have no idea what's going on but I've had a Charge 2 for ages, no issues at all - I love it. But, as of 4:20 am today, my Fitbit will no longer sync with my android phone. I've tried the multiple suggestions in Fitbit help but will not sync. Anyone else have this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Yes, I have the same issue.  And it also won't sync with my Surface Pro tablet.  

Best Answer

My charge 2 won't sync to my android phone today (5-6-19) either. How do we find out what's going on?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue, since 7:20am yesterday 5/5/19.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  Restarted my phone but it still says "looking "....

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. Noticed it yesterday afternoon, I've turned off/on my bluetooth, reinstalled the app, restarted my phone,  restarted my Fitbit, nothing has fixed it.

Best Answer

It's working now

Best Answer

Still having trouble syncing phone with tracker. What is up?

Best Answer

I am having the same problem!

Best Answer

I am still not syncing after 2 days plus now I can't even get it to charge.  Just wondering if everyone is still having problems or if you were able to get yours to sync?  Android problem or Fitbit problem?

Best Answer

my charge2 has not synced since 5/4. my computer motherboard went out the same day. now almost nothing works. my android phone just tries to continually update with its revolving green circle. my tablet only recognizes the prior unit and I can't seem to update it. all my new computer says is sorry it won't update. if help is available please let me know

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help, my apologies for the delay in responding. I'd like to begin giving a warm welcome to our forums to @user1957 @wendygmom @B-dub @KCHarrison @John678945 @elisabethd3 and @norfoxy. It's nice to see you again participating in our Community @Shine8 and  @bicycle54.

First, I'd like to appreciate everyone's patience and time with this situation, and for some of you to attempt some troubleshooting steps prior posting. To learn more about how syncing works on phones, tablets, and computers, see: How do Fitbit devices sync their data? and Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?. If your devices are not syncing, try the troubleshooting steps from our help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes. 

@bicycle54 I'd like to share with you that the Surface Pro tablet is not listed as a compatible device with our products and services. Please take in consideration the information I posted above and let me know if you continue experiencing syncing difficulties with a supported device or computer. 

@wendygmom If your Charge 2 is not charging anymore, please review our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and try all our suggestions and troubleshooting steps that are specified there. Then, please check the information I posted above in regards the syncing difficulties and keep me posted.  

@B-dub I'm glad to know that your syncing difficulties were resolved. Don't hesitate to contact me back if you have any additional questions and I'll gladly answer them for you.

Please keep me posted, I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 2 has not synced since 5/9/19. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

Yeah, my Charge 2 has not synced since May 2. I have tried restarting my Fitbit, restarting my computer and android phone (Samsung A8 2018) I have removed the Charge 2 from my account and tried to re-install it.  Both my phone and computer can find the device and send me a 4 digit code, but neither of them can pair with the Fitbit through the app.  I can pair the Fitbit to my computer, but it will show paired, then connected, then paired etc.  Suggestions??

Best Answer

I have had no success since May 5.  I did get it to charge so that issue was resolved but I have not been able to sync since May 2.  I've uninstalled fitbit app, deleted fitbit app, turned phone on and off multiple times and no luck.  I have a Moto android phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't have a problem charging mine, but the battery life suddenly shortened, probably because it was trying to sync but couldn't connect.  Now, with no connection , it lasts 5 days again, but still doesn't sync!

Best Answer

Yes I has same problem today. Thought maybe as I do not sync on here but reading al the messages on here It must be some kind of glitch 

Kept at it and finally it worked. hope no more probs. Blame it on all these Scams etc.

Best Answer

YEs.  I remembered that my laptop also has the Fitbit app on it and it has not been on for 3 weeks so had not updated.  Turned it on and my Charge 2 synced right away.  Still wont sync to my other devices with the updated app, so what does that tell you??

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again, welcome aboard @Lhweeks @rosgre and @carolkins2. Also, thanks for your reply and update @wendygmom I'm happy to continue providing assistance.

@Lhweeks Can you please let me know if the steps from my previous post were already attempted? If don't, please check this information and try the troubleshooting steps from our help articles and let me know how it goes.

@rosgre Thanks for troubleshooting this situation with me, I'm happy to know that you were able to sync your Fitbit with your computer. Seems odd that you're still unable to sync with your mobile device, even more since it's listed as compatible with our products and services. This usually occurs due to a missing requirement on your mobile device, please check the requirements to sync Android mobile devices here

@wendygmom I appreciate your time and effort troubleshooting this matter, can you please let me know if you Motorola mobile device is listed on our list of supported devices? I also recommend you trying with a different mobile device and computer. Please keep me updated.

@carolkins2 It's nice to see that you're not experiencing syncing difficulties with your Charge 2. If by any chance you experience once again this situation, don't hesitate to contact me back so I can further assist you. Also, let me know if you have any additional questions.

I'll be here. 

Best Answer

I have been unable to receive notifications on my charge 2 since the darn update from Samsung. I have uninstalled app, restarted phone, installed update. It will sync, but I receive no notifications. My notifications are all enabled on the app, I don't know what else I can do....

Best Answer
0 Votes