Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't pair or sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

help! was working fine 2 days ago then lost pairing

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Mine stopped sync two days ago.  My Charge 2 is Bluetooth connected to my iPhone, and it displays both text and incoming phonecalls -- BUT it no longer syncs.  Followed all the suggestions.  We believe the fault is in a recent update by Fitbit to either their phone application or the Change 2 firmware.  No mechanical or electrical problems suspected.

Best Answer
Mine will show the charge 2 in the blue tooth on my pc but will not pair

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My Charge 2 stopped syncing on October 11. I have followed all the instructions I've found on the forums. I've force stopped the app & deleted cache and data, shut the phone down & powered back on, made sure Charge 2 was not listed as a paired Bluetooth device, restarted the Charge 2 three times, repeated this whole process after removing the Charge 2 on my phone, cannot repair because while the phone puts up the 4 digits the app gets no farther and just says Try Again, I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, I have tried EVERYTHING. I even tried pretending I don't have a phone and installed the Fitbit Connect app on my Mac computer. So bluetooth on the computer sees the Charge 2 but Fitbit Connect does not. I think they screwed up the firmware big time in recent weeks. Which I'm afraid means our watches may be bricked because the only way the firmware gets updated that I'm aware of is via the phone app, so if you can't pair your watch to the phone app you are SOL. 😞 😞 😞

And here I ws getting ready to buy a Versa so I can swim with my tracker on. 

Best Answer
Me too! All the same stuff

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yup, mine stopped syncing yesterday...

Best Answer

Mine also stopped syncing on 22 October. Are they likely to fix this soon?

Best Answer

Mine too.

Best Answer

My charge 2 stopped sync 24 Oct. I tried and still trying to resolve it. Exasperate.

Best Answer

Hey, add me to the list. 

how about Fitbit rolls back some of the new “features” in the app and restores the “it works” feature? That’d be nice. 

Best Answer

Hello to all who reads this. I managed to sync my charge 2. Go to the app. Under your profile setting, I removed the charge 2 fm the app. Then re install it. It works !

Best Answer

Go to profile, select your Charge 2, remove it. Then add it back. It works for me. Sync n now I am happy. Hope it helps you.

Best Answer

Hello, go to profile, remove the charge 2. Then add it back. Works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to profile n remove the charge 2. Add it back. Works for me. Now it sych

Best Answer

Thank you. Lost the unsynced data but at least now working. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did not work for me!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Customer service said they knew nothing about this and I will just have to buy a new one

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
  • Thanks! It syncs my steps, but not my sleep?
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me as well on Friday.  This is not the right answer. If Fitbit is trying for timed obsolescence, I would instead consider switching to another system. They have to do better.

Best Answer

OK - I have been having the same issue with my Charge 2 - my iPhone sees it, but the new Fitbit App says "looking" and does not sync. I deleted the Fitbit App from my phone and then re-installed it, and the app found my Charge 2, so it's working again - today. But this is the second day in a row that I had to do this. We will see what is up, going forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes