Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't pair or sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

help! was working fine 2 days ago then lost pairing

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Both my husband's and my Fitbit Charge 2's stopped syncing yesterday. I think it is something on Fitbit's end.

We have separate iphones.

Best Answer

Worked for me too - hopefully it sticks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took Gracelim's advice:

go to profile, remove the charge 2. Then add it back.

It worked. The syncing stopped for my watch at 1:35 a.m.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here both mine and my husband's are not syncing... I've tried everything listed on Fitbits help site and some a number of times over in the last week.  

I hope Fitbit is working on a correction since these have lasted longer than the Versa series all my friends have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OKAY FOLKS IT IS FIXED on my Charge 2. I am sad to say I cannot tell you exactly what worked, but I can say that in addition to all the troubleshooting steps (repeatedly), I deleted the device from my account, deleted the app from my phone, reinstalled the app, and repaired the Charge 2 which seems to fail over and over as reported here, and then this morning I wake up and somehow now, without further actions by me after the apparent failures, my Charge 2 is paired and has synced! It has synced several times today without issue. My theory is that there was either a bad firmware update that has since been corrected, or just a huge firmware update was underway and needed to complete. 

In short, it is possible that the messages saying that pairing failed might be bogus. Give it an overnight rest. Maybe you'll luck out like I did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having same problem. Synced for 3 days, now nothing.  All attempts to enter "Sync Code" are returned as "Incorrect code".  Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 2 also stopped syncing 2 days ago. Followed all steps (restart the device 3 times, turn off and turn on Iphone 8, turn off and turn on Bluetooth, forget device and try to set up again, delete and resintall app) and now I can't set up the device in my account. It is very frustating! Hope that whatever happened, get fixed very soon. I really like Fitbit products, but I'm starting to consider Garmin products instead.

Best Answer

I don't want to worry you all but a similar problem happened back in July with my Charge 4, again after an app update, people were still having issues into September. For me, I resolved my Charge 4  problem by telling my iPhone to "Forget This Device" in Settings-Bluetooth, uninstalling the app from my iPad and only using my iPhone to sync and get data then let my iPhone find it again. There was also a long running problem with the sleep restoration graph (premium only I think) but this was finally fixed via an app update.

I hope you get this sorted soon as I know lots of people with recently purchased Charge 4s returned them under warranty and paid the extra and got themselves Apple Watches, if you have the time read through the links.

Link to original problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-4/Charge-4-constantly-loses-Bluetooth-pairing/td-p/4363213

Sleep Restoration problem link:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Premium-Coach/Sleep-Restoration-Heart-Rate-graph-is-blank-on-...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped on Friday too. Does anyone from the company read these forums?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t ask me why or how... but it works again. Tried all of the suggestions from other people, and all is well again!

Best Answer
0 Votes