Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Corrupted, Black Lines on Screen, Inoperable - Out of Warranty (2 years old device)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really enjoyed using my Fitbit Charge 3. Owned it for two years and used it daily. Great product concept. However, three days ago the device's font got smaller, black lines appeared, and within 72 hours it went from challenging to use to inoperable (i.e., unable to synchronize to smartphone, many similar experiences in the Fitbit Community, etc.). I called Customer Service today and the polite representative guided me through the same troubleshooting steps I saw in this forum and already tried on my own without any success. The representative said the warranty department would evaluate my service call and send me an email within minutes. The email arrived very quickly stating I was out of warranty and offered me a 35% discount toward my purchase of a new Fitbit product. Ironically, its Cyber Monday and Fitbit is offering 50% discount - customer service isn't even aligned with its marketing strategy. I'm disappointed with the company's product quality. I love the Charge 3's functionality and style, but I'm extremely disappointed with its quality. So I'm supposed to spend more money for a product with only a two-year life span? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@uvanupe16 It's great to have you here.

Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 isn't working and thank you for reaching out to our Support team. Support does follow the guidelines described in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. This is why they offer a discount to help customers in this situation. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes