Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Defect ? Bands are falling off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 is not even a month old and the bands are falling off. It seems the clips on the Charge 3 are failing already.

This is happening with original and accessory bands.

I've been chatting with Fitbit via Twitter Direct Messaging about this. Gonna have to get on the phone and request a warranty replacement it seems. In case you need it here is Fitbits phone number 877-623-4997

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

I'm not sure if you asking for help @EnriqueApproved but without a photo of the attachment points we won't be able to help.

BTW contact info may be found on the contact page at http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1 or http://contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Thanks, Rich. I am trying to see if anyone else is also having this problem.

Best Answer

I've had this problem since the day I got mine four days ago.

Best Answer

@atomicsnowman know that Fitbit is sending me a replacement Charge 3. While waiting on the replacement my Charge 3 died. Hope it is not a precursor of things to come for you.

Best Answer

Is it any color specifically? My husband got the white, and it keeps coming apart. He called, and they told him to pick another color-- unfortunately, he wants white. This is his 3rd fitbit, and he thinks it may be time to try a smartwatch.

Best Answer

Got mine at Christmas, black band falls off, worebit today and it fell off 4 times.

Best Answer

I got mine for a late Christmas gift. I have worn it for one week. It fell out nine times today from both sides. I also tried a different band with the same results. 

Best Answer

My thoughts would be to make sure the connector is clean and when inserting making sure it clocks on them give a gentle tug.

Best Answer

I got mine 4 days ago.  I've been having issues with the band falling off too.  It's been happening several times a day.  I've tried wearing it looser, didn't make a difference.  Made it though a whole night of sleep last night only to fall off minutes after I woke up.  It somehow does it without me noticing almost every time too. 

I've really been enjoying the device, but I'm considering returning it while I can before I lose it or the problem gets worse and I can't return it anymore.  It's a bit disappointing to run into so many issues so early after purchasing it.

I've got the special edition with white and black wristbands.  I've been primarily using the black wristband, and it's the side with the holes that keeps coming undone.  I've now followed the above steps about ensuring it properly locked and tugged at it and I'm hoping maybe that will resolve the problem.

Best Answer

I have had the Charge 3 for about a month and I'm not happy with it at all, and the bands falling off are just one of the reasons.  I far prefer my Charge 2.  Besides the bands falling off all the time, they are EXTREMELY cheap looking.  The plastic connections on anything other than the sport bands make them unfortunately look like children's watch bands.  I bought the special edition rose gold with lavender woven band and was shocked at its appearance when it arrived.  I regret not sending it back.

Best Answer

Just took my Charge 3 out of the box and the band that is attached is not secured to the watch. I tried the replacement strap (the large one) that came in the box and It does not snap on. I need my bands replaced! !!!!!!!

Best Answer

If both bands are not attaching to the Charge 3, it sounds like the problem might be with the pebble, not the band. 

Maybe a video will help.

Best Answer

My charge 2 band kept falling off so I just got the charge 3 last week and it just fell off.. I wasn't even touching anything.. just went to reach for something and it fell off my wrist.. how do I fix it.. this is poor quality if it keeps happening..

@EnriqueApproved wrote:

My Charge 3 is not even a month old and the bands are falling off. It seems the clips on the Charge 3 are failing already.

This is happening with original and accessory bands.

I've been chatting with Fitbit via Twitter Direct Messaging about this. Gonna have to get on the phone and request a warranty replacement it seems. In case you need it here is Fitbits phone number 877-623-4997

Best Answer

The extra band that came with the tracker does not attach.

The band that came with the tracker ( the strap with the buckle ) is loose and does not fit snug.

Best Answer

I have had my Charge 3 for about 8 months now. Everything worked fine until recently, the connector for the band on one side will not stay connected when any physical force is applied. It will lock in, but can easily be detached, if you pull the band, or do push-ups. 

This is after swimming in the ocean with it, and countless times in the shower; all good. No idea if this is related, as the unit works fine- but the band can be easily pulled off, and I have purchased replacement bands. 

At this point, it seems my only option is to buy another unit. But it is disappointing, that the band connector could be this finicky, when the unit works great. 

Best Answer

That sounds very similar to the issue I was having. It turned out the band
wasn't connecting correctly on one side. I think the button on the side
may not have been coming all the way out, leaving the locking mechanism
only partially engaged.

After some troubleshooting and a bit of pushing and tugging though, it
properly locked, and it's been solid for months now. It went from
constantly coming undone to never doing it again.

Good luck with yours!

Best Answer

Yessir,

Unfortunately, the locking device has pretty much stopped working. Even if I adjust the button, it still falls off (especially with water), with a slight tug to the band. 

In very disappointed, but ultimately purchased a new unit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for video.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe a video will help.

Best Answer
0 Votes